Tremor suspension break down

Cool article. I'll have to check it out when my Tremor arrives in 11 weeks.

Good article. I was hoping for more data on rates and such but a good pictorial overview. Thanks for sharing.

So question for you F250 7.3 Tremor guys. That article says the F250 7.3 Tremor has the smaller spring pack. Every video I've seen shows otherwise and that "every" F250 7.3 Tremor has the same heavy duty spring pack. Can you F250 7.3 Tremor guys confirm? Here is a video for reference that shows an F250 7.3 Tremor with the heavy duty pack. Also, when you try to build a package on ford's website, it wont let you build a F250 7.3 and select the camper or snow plow package or even the high capacity package. This is probably because the Gas Tremor comes standard with the heavy duty rear spring pack. Maybe the author of that article is just misinformed.... or maybe I am!

Last edited:
So question for you F250 7.3 Tremor guys. That article says the F250 7.3 Tremor has the smaller spring pack. Every video I've seen shows otherwise and that "every" F250 7.3 Tremor has the same heavy duty spring pack. Can you F250 7.3 Tremor guys confirm? Here is a video for reference that shows an F250 7.3 Tremor with the heavy duty pack. Also, when you try to build a package on ford's website, it wont let you build a F250 7.3 and select the camper or snow plow package or even the high capacity package. This is probably because the Gas Tremor comes standard with the heavy duty rear spring pack. Maybe the author of that article is just misinformed.... or maybe I am!

Does the F350 Tremor come with any type of rear sway bar?

Read this recently. Good stuff.

So, I interrupt from this the best off-road Tremor will be an F250 with the 7.3L Gas engine. The worst off-road Tremor will be the F350 with the 6.7L Diesel.

Depends on what "best" means. What metric is it being measured by?

The 7.3L has a significant weight advantage over the 6.7L, combined with the stiffer suspension of the F350 making, together making less off-road compliant. Extra weight and less suspension flex are the metrics I am referring to. That's my take from this article, and other reviews I have read and watched.

The 7.3's that I have looked at had the larger rear spring setup and the helper spring - a requirement for me.

The biggest hinderance to off-road performance might actually be the air pressure in the tires and side wall compliance with the 18” wheels. Just dirt road driving so far is enough to rattle the teeth out of my head. I’m down to 60/60 psi for road use and with the stiffness of the rear end It makes for a terrible ride on the dirt. I haven’t built my on board air system yet so I haven’t tried trail drives with lower pressure yet. In the old truck I’d run around 25-30 psi which helped a lot.

Mid duty trucks (and HD) require specific load range tire (like load range E) that in turn require specific air pressure to maintain the ability to manage the GVWR.

Right but unless you’re at or near gvw there’s no need to run around at 80 psi all the time.

The 7.3L has a significant weight advantage over the 6.7L, combined with the stiffer suspension of the F350 making, together making less off-road compliant. Extra weight and less suspension flex are the metrics I am referring to. That's my take from this article, and other reviews I have read and watched.
The "extra weight" of the diesel comes with better than twice the torque of the 7.3 and 475HP. Extra torque and HP give the diesel a very tough off road package.
Leave the on road ride comfort to the Pavement Princesses that have never been off road.

Just picked up my F250 7.3L Tremor and can confirm it has the HD rear springs (3 leafs and the upper helper spring setup) with the Dana M275 rear axle.

There was a F350 6.7L Tremor sitting right next to my truck... exact same rear spring setup on both trucks. Interesting how Ford charges extra for the HD spring package with the 6.7L for the F250.

The gassers also have a lower crawl ratio - think it’s like 44:1 vs 50:1 or so for the diesels but don’t quote me on that

The "extra weight" of the diesel comes with better than twice the torque of the 7.3 and 475HP. Extra torque and HP give the diesel a very tough off road package.
Leave the on road ride comfort to the Pavement Princesses that have never been off road.
Not once has off-roading ever been about power output. Weight, suspension, size matter most.

The 7.3 wins on everything, with a tie as far as size.

Not once has off-roading ever been about power output. Weight, suspension, size matter most.

The 7.3 wins on everything, with a tie as far as size.
The Tremor is not just an off road vehicle. (i.e. Raptor fans should buy Raptors) It was also designed to tow. The 6.7 tows very well and will get great gas mileage when it's just driving down the highway. 23hwy/15city The 7.3 will cost you a fortune in fuel.

The Tremor is not just an off road vehicle. (i.e. Raptor fans should buy Raptors) It was also designed to tow. The 6.7 tows very well and will get great gas mileage when it's just driving down the highway. 23hwy/15city The 7.3 will cost you a fortune in fuel.
I’m glad you brought this up. I’m getting 14mpg.
Using 14 v 20mpg I ran calculations from my local Costco current pricing. 2.99 v 3.37 for diesel.
I got one would have to drive 187500 miles to break even on fuel cost alone vs the upgraded costs $8450 of the 6.7.
When you take the added cost of maintenance one could speculate it’s about 200k mile difference. Below 200k miles your spending less money on the 7.3. Above 200k less money spent on the 6.7.

I’m glad you brought this up. I’m getting 14mpg.
Using 14 v 20mpg I ran calculations from my local Costco current pricing. 2.99 v 3.37 for diesel.
I got one would have to drive 187500 miles to break even on fuel cost alone vs the upgraded costs $8450 of the 6.7.
When you take the added cost of maintenance one could speculate it’s about 200k mile difference. Below 200k miles your spending less money on the 7.3. Above 200k less money spent on the 6.7.
You're gonna make me break out my calculator...?

Back