Tremor stock Wheels/Tires vs 20's with...

NickinColorado

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
'22 F350 Lariat on order
Current Ride #2
'20 Husky TE300i
First Responder
Career Firefighter
So I have a non-Tremor Lariat coming with the 20" blackout wheels at the end of this month. I'm torn between selling the stock wheels and buying take-off Tremor wheel/tires or just swapping stock tires to BFG KO2's in 295/65/20. Thoughts? I think the KO2's would only be 1" taller than stock. Main goal is to achieve a little softer ride and some light off-road which I know the KO2's will be great for. Not planning on any suspension work but wouldn't be opposed to something very mild in the future if it helped the ride. The truck also has the snow plow package with heavier front springs which should make it ride a little higher. The price of used tremor wheels/tires is about the same as 4 20" KO2's.

So I have a non-Tremor Lariat coming with the 20" blackout wheels at the end of this month. I'm torn between selling the stock wheels and buying take-off Tremor wheel/tires or just swapping stock tires to BFG KO2's in 295/65/20. Thoughts? I think the KO2's would only be 1" taller than stock. Main goal is to achieve a little softer ride and some light off-road which I know the KO2's will be great for. Not planning on any suspension work but wouldn't be opposed to something very mild in the future if it helped the ride. The truck also has the snow plow package with heavier front springs which should make it ride a little higher. The price of used tremor wheels/tires is about the same as 4 20" KO2's.
I went through the same debate but just ended up going with the full Tremor package. I lowered the pressure in my tires to 50psi (unloaded, cold) and I like the ride so far. My thought is more sidewall 18" vs. 20" rim should be directionally correct.

Just to fan the flame a bit @Bluezilla may have a set of takeoff Tremor wheels/tires for sale from his '22 real soon...

I went through the same debate but just ended up going with the full Tremor package. I lowered the pressure in my tires to 50psi (unloaded, cold) and I like the ride so far. My thought is more sidewall 18" vs. 20" rim should be directionally correct.

Just to fan the flame a bit @Bluezilla may have a set of takeoff Tremor wheels/tires for sale from his '22 real soon...
Thanks, that was my original plan but I'm impatient and found a good deal on a regular Lariat. If he is somewhat close to Denver, CO I'm interested! Trying to avoid shipping!

I was taking the same path and had an FX4 on order first and was going to switch to the takeoff 18" Tremor rims/tires.

He is in Michigan so they would have to be shipped. Just thought I would throw it out there!

Appreciate the mention - I will be for sure selling my '22 OEM takeoffs. @fordguy74656 is interested in them currently but if he changes his mind I'll post up on here and/or FB Marketplace.
Thanks, that was my original plan but I'm impatient and found a good deal on a regular Lariat. If he is somewhat close to Denver, CO I'm interested! Trying to avoid shipping!
I'm in MI So no avoiding shipping lol, you might be better off going the eBay or FB Marketplace route if there aren't any locals.

Personally much rather have 18’s then 20’s.

I agree with DwnSth .......definitely prefer 18" over 20"......more sidewall, better ride.

Back