Tremor Purchase Step 1

Pompey

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2018 Subaru Outback
Current Ride #2
1999 Subaru WRX Club Spec Evo 3
I have been on this site for a few months now, and soon I’ll be taking the first step in actually ordering a Tremor. it’s not like you can go down to your local Ford dealer and order one. If only it was that simple. No, I have to fly to Melbourne and visit the factory which remanufactures them to RHD. There they will take me on a tour of the factory, take a test drive and see what the trucks look like in the colours I am interested in rather than relying on photos. So I’ve booked the fights for this Friday. Looking forward to it.

Exciting! It will be worth the wait and hassle :)
The conversion takes 3 weeks then they ship it interstate. It probably takes a week or so to ship it up here from the US. That’s on top of the normal build time and shipping it from the factory to the port. By the time I get it it will cost almost double what it does in the US. Such is life when they have to do all the work they have to do. So I hope you’re right!

Pretty exciting for us to learn about international interest and process when buying something like a Tremor. Keep us posted, especially about your adventures. I know you folks have a lot of wild places to explore when it comes to off-roading and off grid camping. Congratulations! ?

Pretty exciting for us to learn about international interest and process when buying something like a Tremor. Keep us posted, especially about your adventures. I know you folks have a lot of wild places to explore when it comes to off-roading and off grid camping. Congratulations! ?
Cheers.

In Australia, almost everyone gets the diesel. I think that’s because their usage here is different to the US and Canada. Firstly, it just doesn’t get as cold here. Secondly, our car parks are not set up for them- you’re lucky to see something as big as an F150. So people generally use them for towing long distances. Range is far more critical here than the US and fuel is more expensive too. The flip side to that is DPF issues are less likely.

Under our laws, any trailer weighing over 4,499 kgs must have air brakes, which means the towing vehicle also will need them. While you can convert to air brakes, it’s not something I plan on doing.

Bloody 'ell, mate, they don't make it easy, do they?

Enjoy the process! Oh, and don't forget your paper bag for when you start hyperventilating! :LOL:

Back