Tremor Power Problem

Nomation

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor 7.3
Hi all. My trk was sitting overnight in driveway and it started to rain so i went to move into my garage. I had zero power and for some reason passenger window was down. Of course it was pouring at this time so family was holding umbrellas while I was attempting to determine what the issue was. Tryied jumping but power was not being received by system...nothing. Had to call for assistance but they could not get it to power up. Had to get a tow to dealership where it now sits. They are stumped right now. Any one have any ideas? F250 7.3 Tremor. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200910_101239.jpg
    20200910_101239.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 124
Well that sucks. keep us updated on what's wrong. Hopefully something stupid.

Dealership said the Body Control Module fried out (passenger footwell) due to what they believe to be rain. They are submitting in under warrant however I think they may try to hit me up for the $600.00 bill. While I'm confident I did not leave the passenger window down, I think they believe otherwise. Not sur i understand how a little rain can ruin a protected Control modual.

Was the water pooling in the passenger footwell? If not they should warranty it. If it fry's without sitting water it is a design flaw which I believe is Fords fault. Again my opinion...

I had a Subaru Forester that slid sideways into a waterhole, the left hand side of the car where the ecu was was up to the front seat back rest. Even though it had been underwater, after we dried the ecu the car started up and ran fine, although there was a lot of water coming out the exhaust pipe! They should be able to cope then with some moisture

I have seen (not on this vehicle but on others) where BCM water intrusion can happen if the seals are faulty or seal instillation is not done properly and water makes its way from the windshield cowl area into the electronics.

Was the water pooling in the passenger footwell? If not they should warranty it. If it fry's without sitting water it is a design flaw which I believe is Fords fault. Again my opinion...
Dealership said rhe carpet was water soaked. Still, say I left window open, the module is up the side of the footwell. The carpet was damp but no standing water in the footwell. We shall see if they charge me or not.

I have seen (not on this vehicle but on others) where BCM water intrusion can happen if the seals are faulty or seal instillation is not done properly and water makes its way from the windshield cowl area into the electronics.
Interesting I will keep that in mind if ends up not being covered. Thanks

Yea wow...I'm thinking that if window was down then carpet covering module may have gotten wet but Come on man!

Jut mentioning because my last car (FCA product) had a recall for this exact thing.

The BCM controls windows and a number of other things. If there was a bad seal and water got into the BCM it could have rolled the window down before it fried the BCM.

We recently had a number of work vehicles get damaged in a similar way. Some windows down, some not. Some airbags deployed, some did not. Some alarms went off, some didn’t.

I’d push them to investigate where the water came from. Likely a bad seal; window, door, sunroof would be suspect.

Ive had this issue once before with my f150 when it was new my lights worked but no power and turned out lightning hit it during a rain storm but it went through the antenna and fried all my electrical luckily it was only a couple of months old at the time cause it was like 6k of damage and that was in 2007 . Hopefully they dont try and say its not covered by warranty if it is something similar

The BCM controls windows and a number of other things. If there was a bad seal and water got into the BCM it could have rolled the window down before it fried the BCM.

We recently had a number of work vehicles get damaged in a similar way. Some windows down, some not. Some airbags deployed, some did not. Some alarms went off, some didn’t.

I’d push them to investigate where the water came from. Likely a bad seal; window, door, sunroof would be suspect.
Well I got the truck back from dealership. They covered it under warranty. They said water intrusion caused issue. If u check out location of body control module it is not sealed. Check it out. Located on the passenger footwell ride side. Carpet/panel is open at the top. For something so sensitive they should have sealed it completely. Now my lane keeper warning system is not working. Something is wrong and I will have to bring it back to dealership.

Hi all. My trk was sitting overnight in driveway and it started to rain so i went to move into my garage. I had zero power and for some reason passenger window was down. Of course it was pouring at this time so family was holding umbrellas while I was attempting to determine what the issue was. Tryied jumping but power was not being received by system...nothing. Had to call for assistance but they could not get it to power up. Had to get a tow to dealership where it now sits. They are stumped right now. Any one have any ideas? F250 7.3 Tremor. Thanks
My brother just took his 2020 F250 in this week to get a water leak fixed in the passenger side floor board. He said Ford knew about it and said they’ve been fixing a lot of these.

What height are these things at? Isn't this thing suppose to ford like 10' of water? :ROFLMAO:

My brother just took his 2020 F250 in this week to get a water leak fixed in the passenger side floor board. He said Ford knew about it and said they’ve been fixing a lot of these.

I was talking to a ford dealership maintenance supervisor a month or two ago and was told Ford is very familiar with a hose that will leak from the AC on the passenger side. We were talking about F150s, but i can’t see why it couldn’t also effect f250s. It’s a simple fix to solve the leak, but it can cause problems if not caught quickly.

Well I got the truck back from dealership. They covered it under warranty. They said water intrusion caused issue. If u check out location of body control module it is not sealed. Check it out. Located on the passenger footwell ride side. Carpet/panel is open at the top. For something so sensitive they should have sealed it completely. Now my lane keeper warning system is not working. Something is wrong and I will have to bring it back to dealership.

Interesting, I'm going to take a look at my passenger side tomorrow. Truck recently sat through 2 days of heavy rain and I haven't noticed any water yet.

Latest Discussions

Back