Tremor -platinum vs limited vs lariat sport

purduesd

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Platty 6.7 Tremor
So I am in the market for a new truck. I would like to find or order a star white powerstroke tremor. I prefer the complete blacked out look of the lariat sport package.

Does anyone know if it is possible to order a limited or platinum with chrome delete that gets you black grille, mirror caps, door handles, badges etc?

So I am in the market for a new truck. I would like to find or order a star white powerstroke tremor. I prefer the complete blacked out look of the lariat sport package.

Does anyone know if it is possible to order a limited or platinum with chrome delete that gets you black grille, mirror caps, door handles, badges etc?

Welcome to the forum @purduesd - Not that I know of. I'm in the same boat. I want the features of the platinum, but the look of the sport.. tough choice..

Over the weekend I started this thread on ways to delete the platinum look: https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/tremor-platinum-delete.730/#post-11058

There is no sport option above lariat. Personally I think it’s the best value you can get.

Thanks guys!

Lariat ultimate vs platinum/limited
-id be giving up better seats, heated steering wheel, butt massagers... anything else? Rear heated/ cooled seats?

Its so ridiculous that you can't buy a limited that isn't blinged out.

Im probably going to change wheels/ tires on whatever i get. Im thinking I would be willing to wrap the tailgate ribbon and maybe the grille on a limited and be mostly happy. Just trying to weigh out which model to start with.
TIA

You can heat heated steering wheel and heated rear seats in the lariat sport. As far as i can tell the differences inside are the seats on a fully loaded lariat vs the platinum. I of course am not 100% on tue differences beyond what i mentioned.

SOB! I didn't realize my truck didn't come with the heated steering wheel. You had to add that $165 option for the window de-icer, that adds HSW, Automatic wipers, and De-Icer! I would have added it for the $165. Now it's too late, stupid ford for not leaving it included in the Lariat Ultimate Package!

I almost made the same mistake!

I sold Ford for years and this year they changed it. I didnt think twice when I put a deposit on what I thought was my dream Lariat Ultimate..

This forum actually saved me, and I tubed that deal on one already built for a custom order.

When looking for other options, I noticed a huge chunk of them were built with this option missed.

Youd be surprised how many ordering managers fucked up on this and ordered a ton of $80k trucks without HSW and rain sensing wipers.

Yikes!

Glad I got it on mine. That and the DUAL Battery

Its very silly of Ford to hide something like the hsw in a random option. Should really be part of the ultimate package . Pretty sure this forum saved me too, I had to have the dealer edit the order right after i left the dealership. Glad I looked it up.

Thanks guys!

-id be giving up better seats, heated steering wheel, butt massagers... anything else? Rear heated/ cooled seats?

Im probably going to change wheels/ tires on whatever i get. Im thinking I would be willing to wrap the tailgate ribbon and maybe the grille on a limited and be mostly happy. Just trying to weigh out which model to start with.
TIA
I didn’t think Tremor was available with a Limited.

Thanks guys!

TIA
You can get the heated and cooled seats, and heated steering wheel and the seats are pretty good... i didn't see a different between them. yea the only thing a Lariat can't get are the massages seats and i tried them out and i though they were stupid. it just pushes in and out very slowly... not a true massage seat. But thats just me. didn't see it being worth but you can always get that feature added to you Lariat by buying the chair and some software changes with Forscan i would guess. i have added the massage menu on my 2018 edge with sync 3 and the heated steering wheel and it doesn't have it. only question is if the wiring harness the same. But i think you should test out the massage seat before you run to get them, i wasn't impressed.

I concur: If you load up the Lariat ie Lariat Sport, Ultimate, Max Tow with backup assist, heated steering wheel/wipers, adaptive steering and cruise, 5th Wheel prep, Upfitter switches...you have a platinum without the exterior bling you dont want...and it probably costs less.....You lose basically nothing

My interior is Gorgeous

I was able to build up a Lariat all blacked out in iconic silver. It appears that the platinum has nicer leather, massage seats and the cromed out tailgate. I currently have a '17 Platinum F-150. Massage seats are cool, but I can live without them. The one issue was the leather. To me, the Tremor Lariat steering wheel leather felt cheap compared to my platnium steering wheel. Ok, Ok, I know I am being picky, but its my (pricey) truck, and I want it a certain way. I'll probably get used to it, or I'll buy a Platinum wheel and switch it out....... and I also got the De-icers.

I was able to build up a Lariat all blacked out in iconic silver. It appears that the platinum has nicer leather, massage seats and the cromed out tailgate. I currently have a '17 Platinum F-150. Massage seats are cool, but I can live without them. The one issue was the leather. To me, the Tremor Lariat steering wheel leather felt cheap compared to my platnium steering wheel. Ok, Ok, I know I am being picky, but its my (pricey) truck, and I want it a certain way. I'll probably get used to it, or I'll buy a Platinum wheel and switch it out....... and I also got the De-icers.
It is so easy to switch out parts and add the features with forscan that why not my fully loaded Lariat came out being 80K with the diesel would be 69k for the 7.3. so just make since to switch it out... it makes it more of a upgrade for your self ... it makes it more personal... i enjoy building a truck my way ... make it one of a kind...

like my F150 it has a rare color on it and my build is one of a kind, don't see one like it, yea there are builds similar but its mine. I enjoy it and i am keeping it forever.... if motor blows.... rebuild and supercharger upgrade

Back