modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
I've seen a few threads on here with Platinum owners converting the truck to the "Sport" look and I thought it might be useful to have one thread to discuss it.

1. What's the most cost effective way to achieve this look?

Items that need to be swapped.

1. Mirror Caps
Here's a quick how-to on replacing the top of the side mirror caps:

2. Door Handles
How-To video on popping off the door handles. Anyone have a good source for the replacement handles?

3. Side Fender Emblem.
I've seen these going on Ebay for roughly $150. It would be awesome to get a set of these that said "Tremor" instead of Lariat or XLT. Any ideas on this?

Ebay link: https://ebay.us/XL2FY5

Quick how-to on how to replace the fender emblems:

4. Grille
I haven't seen any of the sport grilles for sale on Ebay or the web. Might have to go through the dealer on this one?

5. Headlights
Looking for ideas on this.

6. Tailgate applique
Good info for removing it: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1520120-platinum-tailgate-painted-finally.html

For those that have done it, please post any tips & links for parts you might have!

Why not just get a Lariat to begin with then? Seems like a LOT of work :)

Is there a difference between a fully loaded lariat and platinum? If not then that would be the most cost affective way.

Why not just get a Lariat to begin with then? Seems like a LOT of work :)

lol, good point. Lariat with sport packages are extremely hard to find right now compared to Platinums. Also the Platinum's interior is nice! There is magnetic one inbound to Houston that might arrive next week, so it got me thinking ?

Thanks for posting the links/videos. Interesting. I'll be researching while waiting for mine to arrive.

Is there a difference between a fully loaded lariat and platinum? If not then that would be the most cost affective way.

Black headliner, massage seats.

Adaptive cruise/steering and power running boards, heated wheel all standard with a platinum.

Essentially if you load up a lariat its the same price as a platinum but missing the headliner/ seats.

Black headliner, massage seats.

Adaptive cruise/steering and power running boards, heated wheel all standard with a platinum.

Essentially if you load up a lariat its the same price as a platinum but missing the headliner/ seats.

Is the steering wheel the same in the lariat as in the platinum?

Is the steering wheel the same in the lariat as in the platinum?

Visually The only difference I can see is the stitching. Platinum has copper color to the threads. You can see it decently in the seat here.
179DD840-9912-4B27-AA0E-79DDCBF0F033.jpeg

Ive done most of this already with my plat, its been fun doing it myself, def would have been much better if FORD wasnt idiots and offered the sport look with the plat, not sure who made this decision.
But i admit its been nice to get my hands dirty and put my own spin on my own truck into making it "Mine" in a sense.

Still working on getting the grill and tailgate finished to my liking. Actually working with Rich @ https://tvdvinyldecals.com/ to get the right size lettering for the tailgate "Platinum" letters for anyone interested. Those are coming soon.

20200422_150125_resized_1.jpg
20200621_202948_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20200422_150900_resized_1.jpg
    20200422_150900_resized_1.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 107
  • tailgate super.jpg
    tailgate super.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Looks great. I'm definitely interested in the tailgate lettering...will be following!

I thought only the limited has massaging seats?

lol, good point. Lariat with sport packages are extremely hard to find right now compared to Platinums. Also the Platinum's interior is nice! There is magnetic one inbound to Houston that might arrive next week, so it got me thinking ?

Two fully loaded Lariat Sport Tremors near Sacramento, CA right now!

Tremors in CA

king ranch, platinum and limited have massage seats.

I think I'd rather have the Lariat sport blackout package vs massaging seats by going with one of those trims. I have a fully optioned Lariat on the way. I think the only thing missing is the massage seats. I got ACC, Adaptive Steering, Sunroof, Power Side Steps.

I think I'd rather have the Lariat sport blackout package vs massaging seats by going with one of those trims. I have a fully optioned Lariat on the way. I think the only thing missing is the massage seats. I got ACC, Adaptive Steering, Sunroof, Power Side Steps.
Its an easier choice when the details are layed out, but for us that ordered way back when, when details weren't so clear, we got the short end of the stick.

Yeah man, to each their own. I was so torn on what to do and didn't buy my truck because of the massaging seats. The lariat sport is a beautiful truck. Like many have mentioned ford really fucked up when they didn't offer a platinum with a similar package. That being said, I don't regret ordering one.

Massaging seats. Do they actually work good. That sounds cool. But like others said. Id rather have the sport package.

I didn't see massaging seats on the king ranch when I priced it out. Ill have to look again.

Massaging seats. Do they actually work good. That sounds cool. But like others said. Id rather have the sport package.

I didn't see massaging seats on the king ranch when I priced it out. Ill have to look again.
I mean they arent no massage chair or anything, but they are nice, specially on a long trip.

Back