Tremor Platinum/Adaptive cruise control

rwe

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
raptor
Hey everyone,

I'm looking into getting a 350 Tremor. The problem being, of the couple hundred I see available, it seems like all of them are Lariats and 250's without the adaptive cruise control. I've been spoiled by my raptors acc and would like it on my new truck. Just wondering if everyone is just skipping the platinum option to save ~2k, which seems strange on an $80,000 truck but to each their own. Wondering if there is a work around to get acc on the Lariat or I need to order a personal one to get what I want.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking into getting a 350 Tremor. The problem being, of the couple hundred I see available, it seems like all of them are Lariats and 250's without the adaptive cruise control. I've been spoiled by my raptors acc and would like it on my new truck. Just wondering if everyone is just skipping the platinum option to save ~2k, which seems strange on an $80,000 truck but to each their own. Wondering if there is a work around to get acc on the Lariat or I need to order a personal one to get what I want.
I ordered my lariat with the adaptive cruise as I too am coming from the Raptor. What other acc were you looking for?

Hey everyone,

I have a Lariat with ACC, it's a selectable option for around $740 MSRP.

I have it on my Lariat. was an option
I love it works amazing with the 6.7 and the exhaust brake. Really shines with a heavy trailer in the Rocky Mountains.

I have it on my Lariat. was an option
I love it works amazing with the 6.7 and the exhaust brake. Really shines with a heavy trailer in the Rocky Mountains.
Interesting, , mine is a Lariat f350 ... I specifically ordered without ACC as I did not see myself using it ... my wife's vehicle has it and I did not really like it ... I also assumed it might be an issue towing, but based on your post I guess not. I think I have just about every other option ....

Interesting, , mine is a Lariat f350 ... I specifically ordered without ACC as I did not see myself using it ... my wife's vehicle has it and I did not really like it ... I also assumed it might be an issue towing, but based on your post I guess not. I think I have just about every other option ....
My first truck with the option. you can turn it off and use std cruise. But I love it especially with a trailer All you do is steer, its getting stupid how easy they are making it.

I ordered my lariat with the adaptive cruise as I too am coming from the Raptor. What other acc were you looking for?
I heard you could order it on a lariat, but if I order a truck I think I would just order the platinum. That aside, all the window stickers that I looked at didn't show it as an added option so it didn't seem that popular hence the question

I love it. Long drives its great to not have to constantly brake and start cc again when someone pulls in front of you

I heard you could order it on a lariat, but if I order a truck I think I would just order the platinum. That aside, all the window stickers that I looked at didn't show it as an added option so it didn't seem that popular hence the question
Plat is way to go, I priced them out KR,Plat and Lariat ultimate. I wanted the black out so went Lariat sport and had to check the boxes. There is good value in the Platinum package. Resale values should be solid.

I ordered it for my Lariat, for $1000. i figured it to be worth it. I window shopped for a few months and only found one close to my color/option combo, but it was in Baltimore. So I just decided to wait and order a 2021.

I ordered it for my Lariat, for $1000. i figured it to be worth it. I window shopped for a few months and only found one close to my color/option combo, but it was in Baltimore. So I just decided to wait and order a 2021.
My adaptive cruise was $740.00 on the window sticker
$1000.00 was for the adaptive steering (I paid less than invoice so not really sure what I paid for the options) . There are some changes in price and the options are packaged a bit differently in 2021 models.

I had not had coffee yet and thought “acc” meant other accessories . Lol

I have a Lariat F350 with winch and ACC. I find that the sensor is getting blocked too often. Cruising along at 80 or so and then a warning comes on and the cruise quits. Usually there is no obvious reason to me and then it will magically work again after a while. I need to look more closely- maybe there's something with the winch install (I had a crappy dealer experience with this- 2.5 tries to get it right) that is the reason. John

I have a Lariat F350 with winch and ACC. I find that the sensor is getting blocked too often. Cruising along at 80 or so and then a warning comes on and the cruise quits. Usually there is no obvious reason to me and then it will magically work again after a while. I need to look more closely- maybe there's something with the winch install (I had a crappy dealer experience with this- 2.5 tries to get it right) that is the reason. John

I have ACC and a winch, and use the system daily without issue. I'll also go toe-to-toe with you over whose dealer's service department is worse.

The winch installation instructions speak to the sensor and its location. One thing my dealer's tech didn't bother to read in the instructions was hooking the winch line to the right (passenger) tow hook. Going to the left (driver's side) covers the sensor.

My dealer did neither, and just winched the steel rope ferrule right into the aluminum fairlead, so it stuck straight out like a little dick. That obstructs the sensor, too.

If your winch line isn't an obvious obstruction, you might want to review the most recent winch installation document and then pop the cover off the sensor to see if they've mounted it in accordance with the instructions.

Back