Tremor package vs full Carli package

Lupa

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Raptor
About ready to order a 2022 super duty and immediately upon delivery I intend to lift the truck and add new wheels plus 37's. Seriously evaluating whether I should forego the tremor package and go with the full Carli pin top system. I know if I skip the tremor package I won't get a couple terrain modes and rock crawl features (have not used any of it on my raptor), skid plates (can add fx4), fender molding and shorter air dam (these two I really would like) and tremor stickers (which I don't like anyway). Am I missing anything? Seems like an awful lot of money when I'm going to ditch the wheels, tires and suspension components. If I spend the money for the full Carli system I will get a vastly superior suspension system, 37 inch tires and I will even be able to add air bags for improved hauling and towing. I would appreciate any comments as to why this is a good or bad idea.

Don’t forget the front LSD that comes with the Tremor package.

The tremor package is only 4k. Will you be able to get all that you want for 4k and not void any warranty?
You will void only suspension related issues that the Carli caused. Standard wear and tear items wont be covered anyways. Dont think this is an issue for folks that go with a Carli setup since you will be getting better components than stock.

There is also the front diff that is different from tremor vs non-tremor which you cant buy separately at this time.

Last edited:
Good point about the front differential I forgot about that. I figure the Carli setup is going to cost in the neighborhood of $10k. Not too worried about the warranty issues as my local Ford dealer installs lifts, tires and wheels and will warranty.

You can build a just as good of an off road truck out of a non-tremor. Better if you are willing to spring for a true select-able front locker.

Tremor Air damn can be added and maybe you can add the different terrain modes with forescan.
Ordering two tone will get you the wheel well molding. Or you can add them from the parts counter.

If you're willing to track down the pieces you like and you don't even want the Tremor stickers, I can't see a reason to get a Tremor.

CJC Off Road, who specializes in Carli suspensions, made a video that speaks to justifying the Tremor even if you're replacing the wheels and suspension.

I haven't done the math myself as I'm planning to stay stock for some time, but the general idea is that once you factor in the discounts Ford has on the decked out Tremor options vs non-Tremor options, and the resale value of the stock tires/wheels, the cost difference is negligible if not potentially profitable (people are paying a premium for Tremor wheels/tires in CA.)

When you also consider that you may be waiting some time to get the Carli system in, it makes some sense to have the Tremor kit.

On the flip side, if you're ordering a 2022 and order your Carli at the same time, there's some chance you have it in time before you get the truck. Nobody can say confidently when 2022's will be delivered just yet. Also, there's some advantage to being a non-Tremor from the factory so far as payload ratings are concerned.

My local dealer told me if I ordered a truck today I might have it by early fall. So I'm going to wait whether it's regular super duty, tremor or Carli components. And I totally agree, the regular air dam is hideous and every one I see that has spent any time off road is dinged up

My local dealer told me if I ordered a truck today I might have it by early fall. So I'm going to wait whether it's regular super duty, tremor or Carli components. And I totally agree, the regular air dam is hideous and every one I see that has spent any time off road is dinged up

Key word there being *might*. If ordering today I would expect to see it sometime in 2023. And would consider it a happy accident if it showed up earlier.

If you do the build and wait on the tremor package until the end (go FX4 ect) and add the tremor package it goes from a 4K option to a ~2K-1.5k option. its really not much more and you get all the stuff. there are tremor discounts at the lariat trim level that make it worth it.

This is a great dialog and appreciate everyone's comments. Let me throw this out there. If I really like everything about the tremor package (which I do sans the stickers), but just want a couple inches of lift and 37 inch tires, what's the best value option that maintains or improves ride and handling? I can't see putting this truck in any hard-core off road situations. If I'm doing that the tremor will be parked and I will be in the raptor.

The problem with the $4K Tremor package price is it's really not $4K. When I built my Lariat as an Fx4 it was only $1,300 or so less than a Tremor. Consider your other options you would want that would need to be added in the analysis. Even if you don't care about the drive modes $1,300 is a great deal on a limited slip and short air dam. Sell off your new take off parts and you'll be money ahead.

This is a great dialog and appreciate everyone's comments. Let me throw this out there. If I really like everything about the tremor package (which I do sans the stickers), but just want a couple inches of lift and 37 inch tires, what's the best value option that maintains or improves ride and handling? I can't see putting this truck in any hard-core off road situations. If I'm doing that the tremor will be parked and I will be in the raptor.

No first-hand experience with this but going off relevant comments I've seen here: Front leveling puck, ~50-60 PSI in the tires, rear sway bar, is the minimum spec for a good looking stance, a comfortable ride, and decent handling.

No first-hand experience with this but going off relevant comments I've seen here: Front leveling puck, ~50-60 PSI in the tires, rear sway bar, is the minimum spec for a good looking stance, a comfortable ride, and decent handling.
Adding: 37" tires on non-stock wheels (presumably 17" - 18") I would imagine to be pretty damn plush (for a heavy-duty truck.)

My wife (this will be her truck) is kind of like Henry Ford, she will take it in any color as long as it is black. So tge truck will be an agate black lariat with the black appearance package and the lariat ultimate package both are non negotiable according to the boss and I believe both of those packages result in discounts to the tremor package. So I agree it's no where near the $4000 price tag and I am going to use X-Plan pricing unless I find a dealer to go lower, so that drops the package price even more.

Why not get the truck, see what you like and don’t like, then mod it? Stock Tremor is a very capable, good riding truck. You may find it meets your desires as is.

Around here, we add the Carli 2.5 or 4.5 kits to our Tremors. I mean, if you ain't gotta a Tremor, you aint got noth'n ..! ? ? ? ..!!

Kind of funny having this discussion on a Tremor site. Sounds like you need to figure out what your wife wants. I'd keep the dually if I were you cause what you want to build won't pull trailers nearly as good as the dually does.

@RedZilla after I stopped by the dealership to show her the white platinum tremor that had the sold tag on it she made it crystal clear what she wanted and I quote "I want one just like that but totally blacked out". Moments later I realized that the tires were significantly larger than what was on my raptor. A quick call to their fleet sales manager the next day and I learned that they will install a lift, rims and tires as well as warranty those mods. So whatever truck she gets it will be lifted and 37's. And we don't need the dually anymore as we do not travel far distances to show horses.

Back