Tremor or FX4 Lariat

Fredc

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150 sport
Hi everyone - I have a f150 coming off lease and have decided I want a Super Duty. I pull a 23ft snowmobile trailer that I travel with into northern Michigan. I load it with dirt bikes, quads. I also would like yo occasionally load a quad in the back of the truck when the trailer is too full to fit another.

I like the look of the tremor which is why I want to get one but, yes, I am one of those guys who will never actually do serious off-roading. So I have been going back and forth on should I get the Tremor or just get a 350 lariat and do a lift with wheels... I have never owned a superdutyso just trying to gather data before spending a ton of money...thanks

Get a Tremor. Don't be just another 350 with a lift....

Either way you go, please get Sport package. I think sport is honestly more important then Tremor as most people do lift and wheels. I required both, but if you are open, go for sport as mandatory IMO.

My f150 has the sport package, why do you feel it’s so important. Thanks

My f150 has the sport package, why do you feel it’s so important. Thanks
I think a tremor without Sport package doesn’t look as good IMO. It’s a lot of work to blackout a Super Duty vs adding wheels and lift which most people already do. If the Sport look is something you want that is. Again, I say Tremor + Sport, but if you have to get rid of something, let the Tremor go and get FX4.

Attachments

• 49276EB9-03C1-4FD3-99B2-8549068C1002.jpeg
    49276EB9-03C1-4FD3-99B2-8549068C1002.jpeg
    369 KB · Views: 26
Ya - your truck looks amazing. I like the blue a lot - my 14 year old son wants me to get the blue. But I am a bit plain, so will likely go with silver. But still thinking about it. Thanks for the input

Ya - your truck looks amazing. I like the blue a lot - my 14 year old son wants me to get the blue. But I am a bit plain, so will likely go with silver. But still thinking about it. Thanks for the input
You say plain but I really like the metallic Silver look. I got Oxford White, but i'd have preferred a metallic color other than black. I'm really tired of black vehicles in scorching TX.

The suspension in the Tremor makes it a really comfortable truck on the road as well. I would try and test drive the two back to back so you can feel the difference.

Last edited:
If you are good with the factory wheels and tires and don’t want a larger lift the Tremor is a good value. If you want to go bigger lift and tires than FX4 will ultimately be cheaper In the long run. It will be easier to come by a FX4 if you don’t want to go the special order route. I really like the way my F350 Tremor rides. If I made it any taller my wife would not be able to get in to it. I need the extra clearance to make it down some of the trails during hunting season.

if you get the tremor 6.7 diesel package, you'll also get the 3.55 axles that will roll up to 40 inch tires with no issues. Tremor 7.3 gas comes in the 4.3. Stock with FX4 is 3.31 and 3.73 respectively - most end up upgrading their gears. Your choice either way.

Either way you go, please get Sport package. I think sport is honestly more important then Tremor as most people do lift and wheels. I required both, but if you are open, go for sport as mandatory IMO.

I ordered an Agate Black Lariat Tremor and personally think the sport package is way too much black so I passed on it. I actually like the way the platinum looks on Agate Black paint with chrome grille and painted bumpers, but all black...meh. I'll get black mirror caps but other than that I think the chrome looks great on black.

I ordered an Agate Black Lariat Tremor and personally think the sport package is way too much black so I passed on it. I actually like the way the platinum looks on Agate Black paint with chrome grille and painted bumpers, but all black...meh. I'll get black mirror caps but other than that I think the chrome looks great on black.
I thought I was the only one that didn't love the sport trim. =)

If you do not intend to go off road is a serious manner - why not go with the FX4 - no lift, better rear end choices for fuel mileage (3.55 locker) and 4K cheaper.

Love the Tremor but many are highway cruisers being purchased for looks and not utility - the Tremor is a great option for those that really use it off road (many here I know) - I am in the same decision boat as I plan to order a 2021. Bottom line is that you cannot go wrong with either choice.

Back