Tremor Lift Reduction

Magouyrk352

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 diesel tremor
To start, I am not mechanically intelligent and not an off-road enthusiast. I have owned 4x4 trucks for 20 years and tow heavier loads that require 3/4 ton pickups quite often. I do not off-road as a hobby but do need 4x4 during hunting season.

my question for the forum is what issues would there be by removing the lift on my 6.7 diesel tremor? I have small children and a wife that have trouble getting in the truck. I know what your thinking, why get the tremor if that’s all you do but I got a great deal on the truck and I like the other upgrades. I realize that some of the height comes from the large tires and I can fix that but what about the remaining 2”? Is it simple to remove it or would it jeopardize the integrity of the suspension on the truck.

thanks for reading and any thoughts/advice given.

just trade someone your tremor running boards for regular F250/350 running boards. Then you will have a nice step for everyone to use.

The Tremor lift is from the tires and 1/2 inch taller front springs. So if you still wanted to be lower trade out your wheels and tires, I wouldn't mess with the suspension.

To start, I am not mechanically intelligent and not an off-road enthusiast. I have owned 4x4 trucks for 20 years and tow heavier loads that require 3/4 ton pickups quite often. I do not off-road as a hobby but do need 4x4 during hunting season.

my question for the forum is what issues would there be by removing the lift on my 6.7 diesel tremor? I have small children and a wife that have trouble getting in the truck. I know what your thinking, why get the tremor if that’s all you do but I got a great deal on the truck and I like the other upgrades. I realize that some of the height comes from the large tires and I can fix that but what about the remaining 2”? Is it simple to remove it or would it jeopardize the integrity of the suspension on the truck.

thanks for reading and any thoughts/advice given.
I would just put the electric runningboards on you’ll have no problems getting in

Electric running boards is the solution because you would have to swap your front springs and replace the rear block.

I would think if you lower the truck you would need to swap out the tires for a smaller diameter so they don't hit. Would be an expensive fix. Check out the above mentioned running boards or just trade it in on a different model.

Power running boards seems to be your most viable option.

Do you think I could go down to a 275 tire and it still look okay on that truck? I just don’t want it to weird with a smaller tire on a lifted truck

Do you think I could go down to a 275 tire and it still look okay on that truck? I just don’t want it to weird with a smaller tire on a lifted truck
275 is the width of the tire not height.
Soo 285/75r18
285 mm to inches is- 11.22
Multiply Your apspect ratio to your width
11.25x .75 = 8.4 that’s your sidewall Height to your wheel
8.4 x 2= 16.8 plus your wheel size of 18= 34.8 inch tire diameter.

275 is the width of the tire not height.
Soo 285/75r18
285 mm to inches is- 11.22
Multiply Your apspect ratio to your width
11.25x .75 = 8.4 that’s your sidewall Height to your wheel
8.4 x 2= 16.8 plus your wheel size of 18= 34.8 inch tire diameter.
Reducing width will shorten your diameter but also reduces width. Try another aspect ratio of you want width the same.
Amp power steps drop a lot further than OEM running boards as others have said

Back