Tremor Front diff

adventure1291

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Has anyone found any informations in usage on different terrains about the front differential of the Tremor vs an FX4 front axle?

I am curious about the difference, since upgrading to Carli Suspension takes another advantege off the Tremor.

Thanks

Thomas

Other than it has a locking diif....there's nothing being reported as a significant difference between the two.

Has anyone found any informations in usage on different terrains about the front differential of the Tremor vs an FX4 front axle?

I am curious about the difference, since upgrading to Carli Suspension takes another advantege off the Tremor.

Thanks

Thomas
Front is also a Dana limited slip differential. Has rock crawl mode and underbody skid plates (not sure if FX4 has this). I think the main advantage is that from the factory those looking for some offroad prowess from an F250 don't have to do anything. Were you to buy an FX4 and just do an upgraded Carli suspension, you may not be missing much from the Tremor package other than what I listed. I won't be doing much for a while so, it's perfect for me.

Front is also a Dana limited slip differential. Has rock crawl mode and underbody skid plates (not sure if FX4 has this). I think the main advantage is that from the factory those looking for some offroad prowess from an F250 don't have to do anything. Were you to buy an FX4 and just do an upgraded Carli suspension, you may not be missing much from the Tremor package other than what I listed. I won't be doing much for a while so, it's perfect for me.
This is my take too. Eventually I will do some work on the suspension. Maybe at 50-60k. For those of us that keep our trucks a while and are frugal, it makes sense to go with a Tremor and then do the mods down the road. At least that is my opinion. I try and buy vehicles with the idea of keeping them forever. Problem is that they add up! Have three in the fleet now that I hope will be with me on my death bed.

C

LSD versus open diff. can always add an LSD or locker to a fx4 truck.

Back