Tremor & Four Wheel Camper

pschrader1969

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Just put the Four Wheel Camper on my truck.

IMG_20200411_151708 (1).jpg

I like the interior! Where is the electrical connection?
The connection to the truck is installed on the driver's side in the truck bed. As well, the eye bolts to tie to the truck are installed in the truck bed. The camper itself has two 12V batteries with connection to shore power or the 160 watt solar panel on the roof. Perfect for being off grid and the truck has the capability to get me way off the beaten path.

Does anyone know why there is such a big gap between the rear of the cab and the front of the camper? It seems like they could be moved forward in the bed to allow the tailgate to stay on and close, but Four Wheel campers site says specifically that the tailgate needs to come off

This is the exact setup I want... looks great! How does it handle with the 7.3L? I haven't placed an order yet because of the factories being shut down, but I'm still undecided on the gasser.

I chose the 7.3 for a couple reasons.
1. Weight
2. Price
3. Reviews about offroad handling and the added weight up front.

I am gettting 11-14 mpg with the camper on fulltime. Comes down to highway, city, or trail driving. Handles great and I am happy with the decision. No regret.

Does anyone know why there is such a big gap between the rear of the cab and the front of the camper? It seems like they could be moved forward in the bed to allow the tailgate to stay on and close, but Four Wheel campers site says specifically that the tailgate needs to come off

Couple things. The front of the camper has rubber bumpers that rest up against the truck bed. Of course this is to protect things. I have seen people trim them a bit, but removing would be asking for trouble. Also, leaving the gate on creates some other issues. The door on the camper is not full size, of course, because of the poptop. When you get into the camper with steps, you simply have to lean forward. When exiting the camper, I step out backwards (like going down and ladder) and again lean forward slightly. If you had the gate on you would have to bend or duck down A LOT to get through the door. I would hate the camper if I had to squat down every time I wanted to get in or out. Make sense?

Couple things. The front of the camper has rubber bumpers that rest up against the truck bed. Of course this is to protect things. I have seen people trim them a bit, but removing would be asking for trouble. Also, leaving the gate on creates some other issues. The door on the camper is not full size, of course, because of the poptop. When you get into the camper with steps, you simply have to lean forward. When exiting the camper, I step out backwards (like going down and ladder) and again lean forward slightly. If you had the gate on you would have to bend or duck down A LOT to get through the door. I would hate the camper if I had to squat down every time I wanted to get in or out. Make sense?

Good info. I get the half door struggle, but if that was the only downfall I think I'd opt to keep the tailgate on. Thanks for info!

My camper should be ready for pick up in six weeks or so. It looks great in your photo and its a bummer we will be missing most of the summer but looking forward to winter camping with the thermal pack and furnace.We did ask for the shower and toilet inside (must haves for the wife!) so I hope the truck still handles well with the added weight.

Are you still using it without modifications as it shows in your picture above? I've been thinking about how to add some extra storage outside but I won't really get anything until the camper arrives and I try it out for a while.

Back