Tremor & Four Wheel Camper

Do you do a lot of off roading / rock crawling? I plan on staying mostly on forest roads.
Not in the time frame I first installed the camper. OCT20-March21. Everything I did then was on well maintained dirt roads and winter camping for skiing. I noticed springs going bad in February 21.
Side Note: once you do the FWC install your trade in value goes way down. I’ve tried to trade this truck in at a fair price point for a HD Ram. And it’s almost laughable what they will give you. They all know the stress these campers put on the truck and the added hole in your bed for electric does not help. Slap on a open recall on the axle yeah I’m stuck with it. That being said I am shopping for a better spring set. I would do the same if you have a loaded fwc. Mine empty is 1459lbs. Loaded with gear and water I am easily at 2100.

I would get it line-X'd. The horse mats are unnecessary, and at least the 3/4" ones from Tractor Supply are 100lbs each, so if you put two for 1.5", do you really need to be carrying around 200 extra pounds all the time?

I went to the FWC factory in woodland to get them to add extra wooden stringers/runners under my hawk to save the weight and lift it 1.5" like recommended, and a their head tech said the height was perfect and not to change a thing, that is, I shouldn't worry about the top front of the camper flexing into the moonroof. They ended up putting some very thin mat under there without me asking. It supposedly weighs much less.
Good point. Many thanks.

Not in the time frame I first installed the camper. OCT20-March21. Everything I did then was on well maintained dirt roads and winter camping for skiing. I noticed springs going bad in February 21.
Side Note: once you do the FWC install your trade in value goes way down. I’ve tried to trade this truck in at a fair price point for a HD Ram. And it’s almost laughable what they will give you. They all know the stress these campers put on the truck and the added hole in your bed for electric does not help. Slap on a open recall on the axle yeah I’m stuck with it. That being said I am shopping for a better spring set. I would do the same if you have a loaded fwc. Mine empty is 1459lbs. Loaded with gear and water I am easily at 2100.
Great info. Many thanks.

I've had one of those .. Great little camper. Then a 981, 1062, 1172. Currently have our 975 for sale. Going back to a Travel Trailer.
Love it so far. Little challenged with the lack of quality control but overall. Fits my needs well.
Built a dolly to move it around.

I'm over here with my cheap ass palamino (spelling?) :p
It has made it a across the Ophir pass in Colorado with the old truck though.

Attachments

• 20211019_124930.jpg
    20211019_124930.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20190409_125938_522.jpg
    IMG_20190409_125938_522.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 193
I've had one of those .. Great little camper. Then a 981, 1062, 1172. Currently have our 975 for sale. Going back to a Travel Trailer.
After having so many different truck campers, what the main advantages you see for going back to a travel trailer besides the obvious, being a larger space?

After having so many different truck campers, what the main advantages you see for going back to a travel trailer besides the obvious, being a larger space?
My wife's health. The lower step in height is easier for her to get in and out.

Any of you slide in camper owners that have done a level. Have you needed to add airbags to keep the rear from sagging with your camper in the bed? I’m due for new tires and going to give 37s a try for some extra squish and clearance.

Any of you slide in camper owners that have done a level. Have you needed to add airbags to keep the rear from sagging with your camper in the bed? I’m due for new tires and going to give 37s a try for some extra squish and clearance.
Level is only a part of it. Controlling the top heavy sway and stability come first.

E1F20C1B-C130-4E01-9FFB-96B806ED94E4.jpeg

Camper weighs 2800 lbs dry, dirt bike about 230 extended 42” from receiver. Rear sag is about 3 inches. Front drops about an inch. Interestingly the truck sits almost level. The added weight of the 6.7 may contribute to this. Only issue is headlight height and sway. This photo is with all stock. I may add Upper and lower stableloads, but not air bags.

Attachments

• CCDC44A1-26FF-4723-BF25-750776E9CA18.jpeg
    CCDC44A1-26FF-4723-BF25-750776E9CA18.jpeg
    541.2 KB · Views: 116
View attachment 38606
Camper weighs 2800 lbs dry, dirt bike about 230 extended 42” from receiver. Rear sag is about 3 inches. Front drops about an inch. Interestingly the truck sits almost level. The added weight of the 6.7 may contribute to this. Only issue is headlight height and sway. This photo is with all stock. I may add Upper and lower stableloads, but not air bags.
Wow definitely don’t notice the sag. I am about 1850lbs full loaded.

View attachment 38606
Been there. The Lower stable loads are awesome. Just keep them clean. I used WD40 Gel to lube them. The upper stable loads affected the ride when empty. I felt every expansion break in the Hwy. Couldn't get them off fast enough.

Been there. The Lower stable loads are awesome. Just keep them clean. I used WD40 Gel to lube them. The upper stable loads affected the ride when empty. I felt every expansion break in the Hwy. Couldn't get them off fast enough.
I just had the brand-new version of the lower StableLoads installed on my truck today. You no longer need to drill holes in the lower spring to attach. They clamp on with a bolt system and are now all stainless steel. The manufacture (TorkLift) is using my installation as a test for the new version. I'm holding off on the upper Stableloads until I see how these work under a load. Not sure why your ride would have been affected with the uppers installed as they wouldn't be touching the plates without a significant load.

Back