Tremor for a Daily Driver or F150

Ford_78

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150
Currently have a 16' F150 (XLT SuperCrew 4X4, 5.0) and I'm thinking of trading it for a 20' Tremor with the 7.3 . I average around 18.5 mpg with my F150 and can do even better on the highway. The only thing holding me back from the F250 is the decreased mpg and giving up some performance to my current truck.

Anyone switching from a F150 to a tremor? Any regrets?

I'm in a similar boat. My daily driver is a 2014 F150 FX4 with the 3.5L turbo. I also have a 2005 F250 6.0L for my towing needs. I'm thinking about selling both for the 2020 Tremor 6.7L. Mileage will probably be better on the Tremor. Only thing I'm concerned about is losing the "sportiness" of my F150. Everything else will be better in the Tremor!

I switched. I had a 2017 F150 SC XLT with Ecoboost. I really liked the motor. The truck itself was fine, nothing special. Now I have a Tremor with the diesel. I love it. It’s super fun to drive, which is important to me. I don’t have any regrets.

I can’t comment too much on what it would be like as a daily driver because I don’t drive that much. I have to park it far away when I go to Costco. It’s big and the turning radius sucks. I had a 14 SC with the longer box. When I got the 17, I went with the shorter box, which felt more manageable. If you currently have the long box and it doesn’t bug you, then neither will the Tremor. If you currently have the short box, then know you’ll need to park in the back.

I got shitty MPG with the Ecoboost. But MPGs aren’t important to me. I’m pretty sure there is a thread on here where the 7.3 dudes track MPGs, so take a look at that. But be prepared, Godzilla drinks a lot.

I'm in a similar boat. My daily driver is a 2014 F150 FX4 with the 3.5L turbo. I also have a 2005 F250 6.0L for my towing needs. I'm thinking about selling both for the 2020 Tremor 6.7L. Mileage will probably be better on the Tremor. Only thing I'm concerned about is losing the "sportiness" of my F150. Everything else will be better in the Tremor!
The “sportiness” ?. I know what you mean. The best way I can describe it is - the diesel has way more power/TQ, but is much calmer to drive. I’ve had an Ecoboost for about 7 years, so every time I look down at the RPMs in the Tremor, I think something is wrong. It’s too low!

The “sportiness” ?. I know what you mean. The best way I can describe it is - the diesel has way more power/TQ, but is much calmer to drive. I’ve had an Ecoboost for about 7 years, so every time I look down at the RPMs in the Tremor, I think something is wrong. It’s too low!
My 4 F150 FX4 with the 3.5L turbo also has a 4.10 gears so it actually is "sporty". At least I drive it that way. I'm right at 15mpg in it. I feel like the 6.7L will take an adjustment period and then I'll like it just as much.

Thanks all. Diesel is the way to go for slightly better mpg but I’m only interested in the 7.3.

I went from dailying my raptor to the tremor. It's a huge difference for me. Ride comfort it much better in a 6 year old raptor than in a super duty. Also tight maneuvers are a pain compared to the raptor since steering isn't as sharp and its longer.

I also switched from a 2016 F150 to the Tremor. Lots of differences. Suspension for 1 is a lot stiffer, cornering with the Tremor on asphalte feels like the F150 did on ice, and when you hammered the 150 to the floor, your head could hit the headrest.
That being said, I don’t regret my choice at all. For everything it offers, I figure the rest is just a matter of getting used to.

Chubby

Did you have the V8 or an Ecoboost in your F150?

Currently have a 16' F150 (XLT SuperCrew 4X4, 5.0) and I'm thinking of trading it for a 20' Tremor with the 7.3 . I average around 18.5 mpg with my F150 and can do even better on the highway. The only thing holding me back from the F250 is the decreased mpg and giving up some performance to my current truck.

Anyone switching from a F150 to a tremor? Any regrets?
I went from a 2018 f150 2.7 EcoBoost to a 2020 7.3 godzilla. The 2.7 I was getting 17.5mpg and getting 14.6mpg on my 7.3. I don't regret it one bit. It's got the room and the pulling power i need. You only live once so I'm gonna look good while doing it!???. Just gotta outweigh YOUR needs and wants. Everyone is different. My only advice to you is if it's what you want then go for it. I didn't regret it.

I traded my 2014 F150 FX4 3.5 Eco that was leveled with Fuel Wheels MT Tires and a bunch of other MODS for my 6.7 Lariat Ultimate Tremor almost 1 year ago. I am so glad I did. This truck is Awesome! Yes it cost more...but it is so much more. I gained about 4 MPG in the city. and probably 4 on the Highway. Maybe more. I also went from 1100 LBS cargo capacity to 2800....the list goes on and on. I wouldn't ever own an F150 now. And my Tremor is my daily driver.....I have 13K miles on my beast and it has been flawless....pleasure to drive. I get stopped all the time about my truck......It turns more heads than 44DDDs!

I have a bit of a lead foot, but I've averaged a hair under 12 mpg in the ~2500 miles on my 7.3L. I was averaging about 14.5 mpg in my old 3.5L GTDI. Switching from premium in the Raptor to regular in the Tremor keeps $/mile similar.

I've yet to find a reason not to be happy with this truck, or the switch. As long as my arthritic knees hold out (with respect to the step up into the cab), anyway. Daily it, tow with it, and haul with it. I've only done some light trail/off-roading so far - but I'm sure it'll handle what I'll be asking it to do in the coming years.

Back