Tremor Addict
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Air Force
Current Ride
21' Tremor .. 20' Lincoln Continental
Gentleman, and Ladys ..

My name is Steve, my wife is Sue. We've lived in the Tampa suburbs for the past 27 yrs. We're in our 60's and retired, we find traveling and Camping around the country is our favorite thing to do. Last year we set off in April and returned Thanksgiving week. Living in our Lance Truck Camper. I towed along a Cargo Trailer with my Polaris General onboard .. Moab and the Rubicon were conquered !! The Mountains surrounding Ouray Colorado are as close to heaven as I can imagine. In those 7 months and 22,000 miles, all we had was fun. We came home with a plan, sell everything, buy a Huge Toy Hauler, a F450 and live on the road .. Then this Bullshit Covid crap started, it all went down hill from there. I haven't given up, just scaling things back a bit. Unfortunately I did make the mistake and traded in my 17' F350 Platinum for a new F450 King Ranch a little to early. Post Covid plans don't include an F450. They are to sell the Lance Camper for an Airstream Travel Trailer, sell the Cargo Trailer and Polaris, trade the F450 for Tremor. Keeping our home, traveling with the Airstream, using the Tremor as exploration rig will keep things simple. So, now I'm waiting to see Antimatter Blue in person before placing my order. Will it be a Lariat, King Ranch or Platty, Gas or Diesel, 250 or 350, idk, thats why I need y'all ...
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_1392.JPG

Tremor would be a great option. Antimatter blue will look great when its clean but you will have to be a slave for it.

My kind of adventures! Welcome to the group, there are many gas vs diesel threads on the forum, but I suppose it generally boils down to preference and how often you'll be towing "heavy". My last truck was a diesel F250 and it was awesome, but the gas handles better on and off road, is more responive around town (jumping into traffic), gets roughly the same mileage per dollar unloaded, and tows like an animal...just need to use the brakes on steep downhills since there's no exhaust brake. I'm sure even this summary will generate some lively discussion about which is better :)

On Tremor F250 an F350 have identical suspension (so capability and ride quality), but with the F350 you get a higher legal load rating. With a heavy diesel you may be legally limited in a F250 to less towing or cargo than you'll need for your adventures.

Browse around and you'll get a good understanding!

Andy

Last edited:
Sounds like you know how to live well. This is purely my opinion, but I'm not sure there is a better diesel candidate than yourself. All those miles plus towing put you squarely in the 'I need the diesel' category. And just so you are aware of who I might be, I drive a 7.3 gasser, and I am not a huge diesel fan at all. But, when it makes sense, it makes sense. In this case, you'd be crazy not to go diesel.

Oh and since I am throwing in my two cents. Lariat Ultimate will make long road trips very comfortable. Any upgrade from that will be iceing on your cake.

By the way...RANGE is the key reason I suggested diesel for what you want to do. When you are at 1/4 tank in the gasser you better start looking for that elusive gas station in the middle of bum fuck egypt or you'll be walking.

You have a" tuff life"

good for you!

I love my Diesel but honestly you could go either way 7.3 or 6.7. Both have ups and downs, right now with cheap gas, I like the 7.3 but with a new direction this country is heading I am content with my turbo diesel and its 1050 lb ft of torque. Mileage is good not great.

Welcome to the forum Steve! ? That's one awesome looking General you have. The Tremor + Airstream combo is a great setup. It tows it really well and when it's unhooked you have an awesome BIG off-roading machine.

IMG_2495.jpeg

Gentleman, and Ladys ..

My name is Steve, my wife is Sue. We've lived in the Tampa suburbs for the past 27 yrs. We're in our 60's and retired, we find traveling and Camping around the country is our favorite thing to do. Last year we set off in April and returned Thanksgiving week. Living in our Lance Truck Camper. I towed along a Cargo Trailer with my Polaris General onboard .. Moab and the Rubicon were conquered !! The Mountains surrounding Ouray Colorado are as close to heaven as I can imagine. In those 7 months and 22,000 miles, all we had was fun. We came home with a plan, sell everything, buy a Huge Toy Hauler, a F450 and live on the road .. Then this Bullshit Covid crap started, it all went down hill from there. I haven't given up, just scaling things back a bit. Unfortunately I did make the mistake and traded in my 17' F350 Platinum for a new F450 King Ranch a little to early. Post Covid plans don't include an F450. They are to sell the Lance Camper for an Airstream Travel Trailer, sell the Cargo Trailer and Polaris, trade the F450 for Tremor. Keeping our home, traveling with the Airstream, using the Tremor as exploration rig will keep things simple. So, now I'm waiting to see Antimatter Blue in person before placing my order. Will it be a Lariat, King Ranch or Platty, Gas or Diesel, 250 or 350, idk, thats why I need y'all ...View attachment 9387View attachment 9388View attachment 9389
I’m voting king ranch diesel love the diesels you have some great toys to ??

I love the diesel I can get 22mpg on the highway with stop and go but all highway I can get 26 and city I get 20.5 mpg and diesel here in MD is the same or cheaper then regular right now and we are at 2.20 for diesel and 2.40 for regular

Welcome to the forum Steve! ? That's one awesome looking General you have. The Tremor + Airstream combo is a great setup. It tows it really well and when it's unhooked you have an awesome BIG off-roading machine.

View attachment 9406
Perfect !!! I gotta ask, how do you think the 7.3 will do towing ..?

My kind of adventures! Welcome to the group, there are many gas vs diesel threads on the forum, but I suppose it generally boils down to preference and how often you'll be towing "heavy". My last truck was a diesel F250 and it was awesome, but the gas handles better on and off road, is more responive around town (jumping into traffic), gets roughly the same mileage per dollar unloaded, and tows like an animal...just need to use the brakes on steep downhills since there's no exhaust brake. I'm sure even this summary will generate some lively discussion about which is better :)

On Tremor F250 an F350 have identical suspension (so capability and ride quality), but with the F350 you get a higher legal load rating. With a heavy diesel you may be legally limited in a F250 to less towing or cargo than you'll need for your adventures.

Browse around and you'll get a good understanding!

Andy

Thats exactly how I feel. I've had several Diesel and Gas Super Duty trucks. My last Gas Super Duty had the 6.2 with 4.30 gears. I thought it towed our 10,000 lb travel trailer just fine. Granted we live in the South, so overpasses are our biggest hills. The biggest and heaviest Airstream is 11,000 lbs Max. Loaded. I'm thinking the 7.3 might be perfect for my needs. I want to drive one first. Thanks much ..

By the way...RANGE is the key reason I suggested diesel for what you want to do. When you are at 1/4 tank in the gasser you better start looking for that elusive gas station in the middle of bum fuck egypt or you'll be walking.

So true .. right now I'm spoiled with the 48 gallon Fuel tank my F450 has.

I faced a somewhat similar dilemma, been towing a 24’ travel trailer about 9k loaded with a 17 F250 6.2. It did well for the most part, I live in the west lots of mountains 6,000 - 8000 feet, it took everything the truck had on some of those passes. We usually do week long trips but I’m retiring at the end of the year and we’ll be out on longer trips. If I were to keep the truck I’d regear (currently 3.73s) but the biggest issue can’t be remedied...gas every 200 miles. I’m going to remedy this with a 21 F350 tremor, 6.7, ultimate sport...already on order. Looking forward too the S&B 60 gallon tank. Good luck!

You have a" tuff life"

good for you!

I love my Diesel but honestly you could go either way 7.3 or 6.7. Both have ups and downs, right now with cheap gas, I like the 7.3 but with a new direction this country is heading I am content with my turbo diesel and its 1050 lb ft of torque. Mileage is good not great.
What kind of mpg are you getting and is it City ir highway?

What kind of mpg are you getting and is it City ir highway?
Its 14MPG towing tag along trailers, 12-13mpg 5th wheel and 20mpg Highway empty. No city driving or start stop driving for me.
I run fast on the highway 75 MPH plus, If I could keep my foot out of it would be higher. Will get low 20s all day at 65-70mph

You did the rubicon in a polaris? Damn.
Really surprised it has the clearance

Its 14MPG towing tag along trailers, 12-13mpg 5th wheel and 20mpg Highway empty. No city driving or start stop driving for me.
I run fast on the highway 75 MPH plus, If I could keep my foot out of it would be higher. Will get low 20s all day at 65-70mph
I really want the 6.7 but don't know anything about diesel. From what I hear if I don't run it for long drives or tow really heavy they'll mess up. I do a lot of stops 30 minutes drive between each . And occasionally tow a 6000 pound trailer . Do you think a diesel will be a good match .sorry for stealing someones post

I really want the 6.7 but don't know anything about diesel. From what I hear if I don't run it for long drives or tow really heavy they'll mess up. I do a lot of stops 30 minutes drive between each . And occasionally tow a 6000 pound trailer . Do you think a diesel will be a good match .sorry for stealing someones post
go 7.3

too many filters on the 6.7

its a lateral move you pay less get less resale or pay more get more resale.
diesel fuel cost more than gas right now.

I have heavy trailers if I did not, I Would run a F250 Tremor 7.3

Welcome.....I am a retired USAF Weather guy/SP also in my 60's. I own a F250 6.7 Tremor Lariat Ultimate. Get the 350 no matter what. The 2 trucks are identicle down to the last bolt in the Tremor variant, so get the 350 for the higher cargo capacity rating!!!!! Also recommend the lariat with the Blackout PKG (Sport for 2020). and MAX out the Lariat. I say this because it seems the Lariat is the most customizable Tremor PKG. If you don't want something you just don't pick it. Also...the platinum trim,,,,you can't black out and you may end up with chrome and stuff that many on here spend money to remove or change. Any way that is my 2 cents. My truck was built 11/5/19 and I have put 12500 and change on him and have been learning about Tremors for 10 Months now. That is the Basis of my opinion.

Back