Tremor at the Sand Dunes

agreed ??

Utah Tremor, did you purchase the [vinyl] hood insert pre-cut and ready to apply, or did you have it done at a shop? Either way, it looks really good! I’m hoping you got it from eBay/Etsy/etc, but something tells me it’s a custom job... ?
I, too, have a white Tremor, and I’m considering the hood insert.
Thanks,
Love the tailgate surround as well. Who did that for you?

agreed ??

Utah Tremor, did you purchase the [vinyl] hood insert pre-cut and ready to apply, or did you have it done at a shop? Either way, it looks really good! I’m hoping you got it from eBay/Etsy/etc, but something tells me it’s a custom job... ?
I, too, have a white Tremor, and I’m considering the hood insert.
Thanks,
Got a Carbonized on order, considering as well, looks great!

Cool pictures. Don’t want to get that Super Duty stuck in that!!! No trees to pull yourself out, maybe a boat anchor or buddy could help.

Diesel trucks are not the best in the sand. They are really heavy. Still if you lower your tire pressure to about 20lbs or less it will be night and day difference. Keep your rpms up in 4H! I’ve driven in sand countless times. Bigger tires are better, but any 4x4 with tire pressure dropped will do fine.

Got mine pre-cut from a joint in Denver. I suppose I need to find
it for you? That was a rhetorical question.

edit: Found it! Rocky Mountain Graphics - $84 delivered!

What psi did you run in that sand? 👀

The dunes bring back old memories. This was back in 2008 when I bought my first F250 Stampede edition with the 6.4 #Sendit
Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 10.04.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 10.04.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 10.04.38 AM.png

Last weekend I got my first chance to tow with my Tremor. I went to Dumont Sand Dunes in CA. It was my first time going there, and it was a blast. Right before I headed home, I unhitched the trailer and went for a little joy ride. I should have let the air out of the tires, but I didn't think of that until I was bouncing around like a bobble head. Anyway, I was impressed with how well the truck handled the sand. I was in the deep sand/snow mode and in 4H. This was my first time every driving a truck on a sand dune. Other than let the air out of the tires, is there anything else I should have done different? Go slower? Go faster? Try 2H? I really didn't want to get stuck, so I hit it pretty hard. I appreciate everyone's input and opinions. I have a couple of videos but they were too large to attach. Here is a link to Youtube. There is also a special treat at the end where the Raptor is stuck.
View attachment 16834
View attachment 16835
View attachment 16837View attachment 16838
View attachment 16839
View attachment 16840View attachment 16841View attachment 16842View attachment 16843
View attachment 16844
awesome pictures!

Are lights in the grill marker lights or led off-road lights? Did you notice the factory fog lamps are aimed too high?
The grill lights are aftermarket "Raptor" type lights. I no longer have the factory fogs, but the short time I had them, no, they seemed ok.

Back