TREMOR 250 XLT OR POWER WAGON

POLISHPIPER

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2014 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Hey guys,
I'm really leaning towards the Tremor. The towing ability of the Power Wagon turns me off, and I think it grabs more attention than I care to get. I also think I'm going to get more sway issues in the Power Wagon when towing.

Just a couple things to solidify my decision....

I ran some numbers on insurance, and even though the F250 would cost me about 2K less; It's about $300 more per year to insure... is this due to the aluminum body? Have you guys noticed this or compared with others?

The next is real world MPG's... (I know I'm not buying a prius here!)
Anyone who's had an 8 speed (2019 or 2020) Power wagon care to chime in on the difference? I'm a flatlander around 1500 ft above sea level. Besides towing; what made you switch to the Tremor?
Thanks!

Hey guys,
I'm really leaning towards the Tremor. The towing ability of the Power Wagon turns me off, and I think it grabs more attention than I care to get. I also think I'm going to get more sway issues in the Power Wagon when towing.

I ran some numbers on insurance, and even though the F250 would cost me about 2K less; It's about $300 more per year to insure... is this due to the aluminum body? Have you guys noticed this or compared with others?

Anyone who's had an 8 speed (2019 or 2020) Power wagon care to chime in on the difference? I'm a flatlander around 1500 ft above sea level. Besides towing; what made you switch to the Tremor?
Thanks!

By your own numbers listed here, the break even point at saving the $25 per month is 80months. Do you plan on keeping it that long? Get the tremor, its a whole lot more "truck".

By your own numbers listed here, the break even point at saving the $25 per month is 80months. Do you plan on keeping it that long? Get the tremor, its a whole lot more "truck".

I'd like to keep around 6 years... the insurance isn't a big deal, but I was actually expecting the PW to be higher being off road is its main reason of existence.
My gut tells me the Tremor is the way to go. My dealer located a couple options.
What are most paying below total MSRP? I'm guessing around 10%?

At 6 years you will be slightly ahead and have more truck in my opinion, I feel resale on a tremor might could be higher
than that of a 6yr PW.

Not sure as to what the current situation is doing to sales but I would say that if you get 10% way to go. I feel anything
over 7% is a win. Here is how you can gauge the deal though. Go to NADA guides and build the truck EXACTLY like it is
on the window sticker. There should be some "pricing" shown when you do that, look at the one labeled invoice. Aim
for a "invoice price" minus $1,000 minimally. Might could do better than that but that would be a "decently good" deal.

All just my opinions though (y)

Are you sure the power wagon is more money? I have been seeing sales of $10k off dodge trucks and dodge just listed their hd trucks at 0-84. Whats the difference between the power wagon of the 2500 6.4 rebel?

Having said that Id take the Tremor all day everyday unless I could save $10k over the Tremor. Im just waiting for Ford to up their incentives, 2.9 over 84 months or another $2k off and I am buying.

Just got a quote on an XLT package (Power Wagon does include more features like Winch, Front/Rear Lockers, Sway Bar Disconnect, LED Lighting throughout, Ram Box, nicer interior in similar equipped group)...
Power Wagon @ 52K; Tremor @ 55K (they only offered $500 off MSRP), so XLT Tremor was in fact more $.... I didn't expect that!
The only thing I like better on the RAM is the interio... Ram has the best interior of any pickup, and it's not even close.
That being said; I'm fine with boring interior, I just don't want squeaks and rattles in a few years...hopefully the Ford holds up in that dept.

What was the MSRP on the dodge? What would the price be if you took the 0-84? Even if you finance $30-40k that could save you $4k plus.

58K is MSRP on RAM. I'd be paying cash, and there currently isn't an incentive in lieu of the financing....which sucks.

I had lots of Ram trucks, loved them but they just did not hold up very well past 5 years for me. We have salt on our roads in winter and the body on the Ram do not hold up. The paint process at FCA is not as good as GM or Ford you will see many imperfections in the paint if you look at it in the daylight up close. The Aluminum body was a big factor for me. Really two different trucks, there is a video on YOU Tube that compares them. The Ram is much better off road. The Tremor is more of a working truck you can use effectively off road. It's more of a "heavy" than the Ram. The 7.3 pushrod V-8 should also sell you on the Tremor. Either way sounds like your going to be the owner of a great truck very soon,

What was the MSRP on the dodge? What would the price be if you took the 0-84? Even if you finance $30-40k that could save you $4k plus.

Unless they have changed it the 0-84 would not be offered on the PW anyways... only 1/2 tons. I think there are some 3/4 and 1 ton 2019’s that have good offers but not the 3/4-1 tons.... yet anyways.

Unless they have changed it the 0-84 would not be offered on the PW anyways... only 1/2 tons. I think there are some 3/4 and 1 ton 2019’s that have good offers but not the 3/4-1 tons.... yet anyways.
All 19, 2500 and 3500 now have the 0%-84 months for ram. Announced Saturday. I’m not sure if this includes the power wagon.

All 19, 2500 and 3500 now have the 0%-84 months for ram. Announced Saturday. I’m not sure if this includes the power wagon.

I am looking at the 2020... there aren't any new 2019 Power Wagons available. I'm pulling the trigger on the Power Wagon...
Reasons for my decision:
Color & Package exactly what I wanted (within driving distance)
A touch hesitant on getting a 1st year engine (7.3L)
More options on the PW
About 11" shorter in total length than the F250 (I know that's not always an advantage)
Tighter turn Radius
$$$$
MPG's just a touch better on the PW... I'd call it a wash.
Bench seat (room for rifle next to me)
On the go 4WD shifter on the floor (brings back good memories!)
Rambox... so convenient for tow ropes, chain saw, battery cables, hitch, etc
I'm currently not towing anything more than 9K. I can always add rear air bags if I wish to carry/pull more.

Love the Tremor equally; just different reasons
I Love Fords and Rams... GM was never a consideration and never will be!
Thanks for all your time and Good Luck with the Tremors! They look like fantastic Pickups!

You will be happy with your choice because you did your homework. ? I am happy with my choice for that reason! I do like your bench seat reason and will try to find a way.

Hey guys,

Thanks!
Hello,
I traded in my 2016 6.7 platinum for a 2020 7.3 tremor xlt. This is my fourth SD. Yes I know there is a difference between a XLT and a Platinum. I only bought the platinum because I got a great price on it. I don’t care for leather Or wood grain. When I went to insure the XLT my insurance actually went down $56.00 a month. I bought the tremor because the differentials are Dana 60’s. Don’t get me wrong sterling makes a great diff. The crawl control is pretty cool. But even though this is an XLT it had a lot of options And for the price I couldn’t pass it up. As for the MPG’s on the 2016 6.7 it was stock and no lift. I would get 15-17 MPG about 350-400 miles a tank. With the 7.3 I am getting 13-15 MPG, but still getting 380-420 miles a tank. The 7.3 has a bigger tank because It doesn’t have a DEF tank inside.

Hello,
I traded in my 2016 6.7 platinum for a 2020 7.3 tremor xlt. This is my fourth SD. Yes I know there is a difference between a XLT and a Platinum. I only bought the platinum because I got a great price on it. I don’t care for leather Or wood grain. When I went to insure the XLT my insurance actually went down $56.00 a month. I bought the tremor because the differentials are Dana 60’s. Don’t get me wrong sterling makes a great diff. The crawl control is pretty cool. But even though this is an XLT it had a lot of options And for the price I couldn’t pass it up. As for the MPG’s on the 2016 6.7 it was stock and no lift. I would get 15-17 MPG about 350-400 miles a tank. With the 7.3 I am getting 13-15 MPG, but still getting 380-420 miles a tank. The 7.3 has a bigger tank because It doesn’t have a DEF tank inside.
Do you mind if I ask the price or the discount off of msrp? The 7.3 is also about 700lbs less. Is there a difference in how the 7.3 drives?

Do you mind if I ask the price or the discount off of msrp? The 7.3 is also about 700lbs less. Is there a difference in how the 7.3 drives?
I got it for 54k out the door. A month earlier I took my nephew to the same dealer and got him a 2019 lariat 6.7 for 61k out the door. His sticker was 72.6k. My 2020. Doesn’t have electric steps, 6.7 and leather seats. But it had a lot of options. Driving it compared to my 2016 if feels lighter in the front. The new steering box in 2020 makes turning the 35” so easy. I drive about 23-27k miles a year. I am sure the tremor suspension has something to do with it. At the end of May I am have a 2.5” Carli leveling kit installed with the sway bar and new arms. CJC the shop installing the kit said I can run 37” tires. I am hoping Carli has the new kit for the 7.3. But if not I’ll go with the 6.7 kit. It will just about an inch higher in the front.

I got it for 54k out the door. A month earlier I took my nephew to the same dealer and got him a 2019 lariat 6.7 for 61k out the door. His sticker was 72.6k. My 2020. Doesn’t have electric steps, 6.7 and leather seats. But it had a lot of options. Driving it compared to my 2016 if feels lighter in the front. The new steering box in 2020 makes turning the 35” so easy. I drive about 23-27k miles a year. I am sure the tremor suspension has something to do with it. At the end of May I am have a 2.5” Carli leveling kit installed with the sway bar and new arms. CJC the shop installing the kit said I can run 37” tires. I am hoping Carli has the new kit for the 7.3. But if not I’ll go with the 6.7 kit. It will just about an inch higher in the front.
Thanks, I offered $53.5k for an msrp truck of $59k. Otd was going to be $59k in ca. I’m trying to get closer to $50k price and $55k otd. I’m hoping deals will be better this Monday seeing it’s the end of the month.

What dealer was this? Sunrise offered the $53.5k and I’m trying to get star in Glendale down to $50k or $51k.

Thanks, I offered $53.5k for an msrp truck of $59k. Otd was going to be $59k in ca. I’m trying to get closer to $50k price and $55k otd. I’m hoping deals will be better this Monday seeing it’s the end of the month.

What dealer was this? Sunrise offered the $53.5k and I’m trying to get star in Glendale down to $50k or $51k.
Chino Hills Ford. Good luck hope you can get it.

You will be happy with your choice because you did your homework. ? I am happy with my choice for that reason! I do like your bench seat reason and will try to find a way.

From the looks of things, did you get the "magnetic" paint color? That color is awesome in the Tremor package... my 1st choice.

Back