TREMOR 250 XLT OR POWER WAGON

The front diff is not a Torsen, but it is a helical gear system from Dana. The axle is a Dana Super 60 axle. I think it will be fine, even thought I wanted a Torsen. Also, having hubs is a big advantage over the Ram. I've been a Dodge and Cummins guy for a long time, but the Tremor, with a 7.3 won me over.
Sounds like we both have the same truck now and after having reached similar conclusions, will both have the same truck later. Ok on the front diff from Dana. I am not as familiar with it as I am the Torsen, but the gear systems work pretty good and you don't have to rebuild them after 30-50k when the clutches wear out. The "Torsen types" don't react as aggressively as say a "power lok" L/S, but are easier on the axle shafts. Nice when running 37's.

I’ve used the 4wd in my 21 a few times in the past month of ownership, but the other day was the first real test of it. I was pulling my equipment trailer and 58hp Kubota over some fairly rough (uneven and muddy) terrain. Was VERY impressed with the front lsd and rear locker!

Sounds like we both have the same truck now and after having reached similar conclusions, will both have the same truck later. Ok on the front diff from Dana. I am not as familiar with it as I am the Torsen, but the gear systems work pretty good and you don't have to rebuild them after 30-50k when the clutches wear out. The "Torsen types" don't react as aggressively as say a "power lok" L/S, but are easier on the axle shafts. Nice when running 37's.
You and I have been other sites too. Maybe it was tractorbynet, or one of the Ram/ Cummins sites. There seems to be no private messaging here.

I'm all in on the geared front LS. No clutches in front. I thought it was a Torsen for a while, but it's not. I posted some info on it recently. Did you see that? Seems to be a new design by Dana.

Really looking forward to getting the truck. When is yours due?

You and I have been other sites too. Maybe it was tractorbynet, or one of the Ram/ Cummins sites. There seems to be no private messaging here.

I'm all in on the geared front LS. No clutches in front. I thought it was a Torsen for a while, but it's not. I posted some info on it recently. Did you see that? Seems to be a new design by Dana.

Really looking forward to getting the truck. When is yours due?
Howdy,
yes it's possible on a couple of Cummins sites or Comp D.
I did not see that the Dana L/S was a new design. I would really like to know more about it. I did not see your post on the subject.

I have not ordered the truck yet. That'll be in a few more months, taxes back and all that. Still researching exactly what I want. Wife decided she didn't like the Marsala interior of the King Ranch, so will be going Platinum now. I want the 7.3, but energy analysts are predicting that the new President's energy policies will drive gas prices over $5 a gallon... so... all of a sudden the diesel break even point is a lot closer if this comes to pass. I really wanted the lighter weight of the gasser for off road though. The $$$ of gasser over the diesel was going to go to upgrades and Carli suspension. Now maybe not. We'll see I suppose.

I have a hard time believing they will force gas prices to double. That will cause a revolution and kill the economy overnight. I'm not gonna make my decision based on that scare.

I'm also not willing to buy a Ford diesel. The thought of pulling the cab to work on it, and the likely emission equipment problems turn me off big time.

Here's a blurb from 4 Wheel Parts: The front axle is a Dana Super 60 that now, for the very first time, has limited-slip differential boosting traction to the tires. That diff is a Spicer Trac-Lok specially developed for the Tremor. It’s been designed with a lower “torque to rotate” according to Dana, so it should react more quickly. It also uses carbon composite clutch plates.

This may be a picture of it:
Dana Spicer Trac Lok Limited Slip Differentials 2020 07 28 12 22

There seems to be no private messaging here.
If you click on a user's name you can then select the Start a Conversation button. This is the same as a private message on other forums. You can also click on the email icon next to your user name in the upper right hand corner to either view existing conversations or to start a new one.

I traded my 18 PW in on a Tremor XLT and couldn’t be happier. I’ve always been a Ford guy and only bought the Ram as a last minute deer lease truck that need absolutely nothing (turnkey). Reasons I like my Ford better include overall size, interior room, 10 speed, and bigger bed just to name a few. I won’t trash the Ram it just wasn’t for me. I’m a big guy and the Ford just fits me much better.
Trading in my 16 PW, I bought used in Feb 20, and cannot wait to get out of this truck.

On the bright side, dealer offered 35k for the mopar, back to Ford, cannot be happier. (Once they get around to building it). I agree with you, ? percent!!!

Back