Travel Trailer Tires - Looking For Recommendations

Same here GY Endurance
On my boat and travel trailer
No issues

When you get them compare the weight of the GY to what you had. GY is probably at least twice the weight
I bet. 8 vs 10 ply. My old ones were junk from the get go. They're Rainer brand which I think come standard on most if not all Jayco based models. Ours is a 2015 Starcraft and these things are marked late '13.

Forgot to mention the best part, they have an N speed rating. Which means they are rated to 87mph which is handy for passing; I don't tow this fast (usually have the cruise on at 73) but sometimes when passing I regularly get well above 65. Most trailer tires are only rated to 60 or 65mph.
This is exactly why I would recommend these tires. I remember a lot of campers having blowouts and damaging their rigs from not paying attention to the speed limit and their tire pressure.

We run Michelin Agilis LT E-rated tires on our 7,600 GVWR Airstream Flying Cloud. It’s what Airstream puts on the higher end models like the Classic. We ran the Michelin LTX on our previous Airstream. Current set has 40,000 miles on them and they are in great shape. The softer sidewalls as compared to ST tires like the Goodyear Endurance provide a much smoother ride for lighter trailers like ours. When these age out we’ll get another set for sure.

Edits: grammar & typos

Last edited:
Back