Transmission Shifting Issues

Ta2dWhtTrsh

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2020 F-250 7.3L Gas Tremor
My 7.3L Gas has issues shifting. Typically it is gears 3,4,&5.

Example: If I take off from a stoplight, and then let off the accelerator to turn, when I hit the gas again there is a lunge and/or a prominent loss of acceleration. It's as though it cannot decide if it wants to downshift/upshift/ or stay in the current gear.
The Ford Dealer says it's "could be" a software programming issue, and that there is nothing they can do until Ford drops an update.

Just curious if this is a systemic issue

Last edited:
Mine has done this also even with a 5 Star tune. Not as often but it still happens. I have been told by other members it has to do with the Torque management system possibly. Its annoying for sure. Im still not a fan of the pedal lag and shifting of this truck even tuned. Mind you im still running the 85 daily/tow tune so maybe the performance tune would help. I tow way to often this time of year to try it though.......

My 7.3L Gas has issues shifting. Typically it is gears 3,4,&5.

Example: If I take off from a stoplight, and then let off the accelerator to turn, when I hit the gas again there is a lunge and/or a prominent loss of acceleration. It's as though it cannot decide if it wants to downshift/upshift/ or stay in the current gear.
The Ford Dealer says it's "could be" a software programming issue, and that there is nothing they can do until Ford drops an update.

Just curious if this is a systemic issue
I hope the pedal monster will help this issue

Check to see if you’re included in the recall.

Back