Transmission Shift Issue

buckeyefanaddict

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
F250 2021 with 600 miles. Truck motor working at higher RPM's and not shifting smoothly. Anyone heard of this or have a similar issue?

Take it back to the dealer.
Never mind the posting, your truck is out of that date range. But take it to the dealer

All trucks that fall in this date range, not just the 7.3.

AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates Super Duty F250-F600 2020 Kentucky Truck 28-Feb-2019 through 10-Aug-2020
Ohio Assembly 03-Apr-2019 through 31-Jul-2020

All trucks that fall in this date range, not just the 7.3.

AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates Super Duty F250-F600 2020 Kentucky Truck 28-Feb-2019 through 10-Aug-2020
Ohio Assembly 03-Apr-2019 through 31-Jul-2020
Get a forescan, will tell u all ur codes!

When was your production date? TBH, my trucks falls out of that range but something ain't right with mine ether.

Edit: to clarify, Occassionly, I feel like coming in and out of 3rd there is a kick back kind of, but I can never replicate it.

My truck sometimes, usually the first shift seems to Hang between 2 and 3 or 3 and 4. My ram also did the same thing. Almost like hitting neutral

There is a lag between those gears if you do not hit the Excelerator hard enough. It’s like the truck doesn’t like to be driven in eco-mode. Lol. Honestly though. I’ve noticed when I’m easy on the gas pedal it does it more. But if I give it a good amount of acceleration and the trans shifts fine

There is a lag between those gears if you do not hit the Excelerator hard enough. It’s like the truck doesn’t like to be driven in eco-mode. Lol. Honestly though. I’ve noticed when I’m easy on the gas pedal it does it more. But if I give it a good amount of acceleration and the trans shifts fine
Yea that's it. So that's normal? Or just a "glitch" that no one really cares about.

The low speed behavior when empty is not great on the 7.3. Mine does perfect when it has a load on it so I assume that is where they spent most of their time testing and tweaking. Just donesnt feel like this truck wants to be empty tooling around town.

Yea that's it. So that's normal? Or just a "glitch" that no one really cares about.
I haven't experienced this with the 6.7. I'd say this probably goes beyond a quirk, and should be looked at by a dealership. Do you happen to have any videos of the behavior? Hopefully it's something that can be reset/reprogrammed.

The low speed behavior when empty is not great on the 7.3. Mine does perfect when it has a load on it so I assume that is where they spent most of their time testing and tweaking. Just donesnt feel like this truck wants to be empty tooling around town.
+2 on the truck driving better under load. Crawling through my neighborhood is always unsatisfying the way it shifts.

+2 on the truck driving better under load. Crawling through my neighborhood is always unsatisfying the way it shifts.

Same here and I think the diesels do better because they are heavier and the power comes on differently with the turbo, could even be the way the torque management is limiting power, dunno but there are definitely more complaints with the 7.3, its touchy off idle and messes with the trans programming.

I have a 2021 6.7 and I think the 6 speed in my 2019 was smoother. I know these transmissions adapt to your driving habits, and that can take up to 1500 miles to fully set in.... it is definitely better than it was when I first took it, but still shifts relatively hard through some gears. I especially feel it when I use the exhaust brake and it downshifts. I think it is the 10 speed in general, not necessarily 7.3 vs 6.7

I have a 2021 6.7 and I think the 6 speed in my 2019 was smoother. I know these transmissions adapt to your driving habits, and that can take up to 1500 miles to fully set in.... it is definitely better than it was when I first took it, but still shifts relatively hard through some gears. I especially feel it when I use the exhaust brake and it downshifts. I think it is the 10 speed in general, not necessarily 7.3 vs 6.7
I have to agree, my 6spd transmission in my 2015 was definitely smoother, but love the full economy of the 10spd.

I complained about mine for the first 2000 or so miles, now that im at 5000 its perfect. My 21 mustang is the same way, only has 1600 kms on it, but its gradually getting better. It just takes time for it to learn how you drive.

I complained about mine for the first 2000 or so miles, now that im at 5000 its perfect. My 21 mustang is the same way, only has 1600 kms on it, but its gradually getting better. It just takes time for it to learn how you drive.
Thats good to know that it took that long. My impatience always gets the best of me!

Back