Reaction Points
Military
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
Cyber Orange Metallic 2022 Bronco Sport 4x4
tranny_recall-jpg.5513

Hey there is a recall on the transmission. Superdutys built from 13 Jan- 19 Feb in the KY plant and on 29 Jan in the Ohio plant. Torque converter can fail....leaving you locked up like a manual trany without a clutch.

Your gonna love the FIX: Replace the Whole Trany!!!!

Props to the Facebook Group....that's where I saw it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess this was not news???????

Hey there is a recall on the transmission. Superdutys built from 13 Jan- 19 Feb in the KY plant and on 29 Jan in the Ohio plant. Torque converter can fail....leaving you locked up like a manual trany without a clutch.

Your gonna love the FIX: Replace the Whole Trany!!!!

Props to the Facebook Group....that's where I saw it.
Is that 6.7 or 7.3 or both. I heard the 7.3s were having problems.

And where would one find the build date?

update:
Looked and found
Mine was built 2-20
Checked vin and no bad news

Last edited:
I just pulled this off the NHTSA web site:

Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2020 Super-Duty F-250, F-350, and F-550 diesel pickups. The transmission torque converter damper plate was not tempered, resulting in a brittle damper plate that may fracture and cause the engine to stall or require increased brake pedal effort in order to stop the vehicle. An engine stall or requiring additional braking effort to stop the vehicle can increase the risk of a crash. Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the transmission assembly, free of charge. This recall began July 6, 2020. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 20S33.

I have my truck going in tomorrow for some minor fixes so I will ask the dealership when I'm there and report back to all of you. I hope that it helps you all.

craptastic mine was built 2-17-20

craptastic mine was built 2-17-20
you can go to the NHTSA web site and type in your VIN and verify if it affects your truck or not.....which I just did

you can go to the NHTSA web site and type in your VIN and verify if it affects your truck or not.....which I just did
thanks will do! really hopeful I don't need a tranny swap. ( that sounds real bad). And don't want my truck in the shop either.

My door sticker says "02/20". Is that Feb 20, 2020, is it Feb 2020? Strange that there isn't a complete date. Do others have this partial date?

Nevertheless, entered my VIN on the NHTSA website and there aren't any recalls. I think I was very close though. I wonder what magic thing happened on Feb 20, 2020 that eliminated the possibility of a failure?

Back