Transfer tank and Onboard air installed

maxspongebob

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
I moved the 60 gallon tank from the old truck to the Tremor. It fits fine and I gave myself a couple inches in front of the tank for clearance and clean-out.

The new truck bed is 2 inches less tall than the 2013 F150 so the tank sticks up above the rails. On the old F150 I had a Back-Flip to cover the entire bed. Can't do that anymore.
2021-04-20 19.57.31.jpg

Also mounted the air compressor and tank back next to the gas pump. It just fits. All that's left is to wire them up and plumb the air to the horns and quick connect.
2021-04-22 17.08.14.jpg

Last edited:

thevol

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
7.3 XLT Tremor
Nice, is that gasoline in the tank? Wasnt sure if you had a 7.3L? I'm going to install a similar setup in mine soon with a gasoline transfer tank.

OP
maxspongebob

maxspongebob

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
Yes, gasoline. I use it to gas up my boat. So, no ethanol. Usually 90 proof.

Last year the pump was leaking so that is the stain on the tank.

OP
maxspongebob

maxspongebob

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
If you are getting one, Check out Transferflow.com That is where I got mine. It is very well made.

Robert357

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ford Raptor
That’s exactly what I want to do but make sure it will fit below my lomax cover. Thanks for posting this for inspiration.

OP
maxspongebob

maxspongebob

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor
That’s exactly what I want to do but make sure it will fit below my lomax cover. Thanks for posting this for inspiration.
Yes, I liked when it was below the BakFlip, although the fill neck still stuck out through the cover. Unfortunately it would have to be a pretty small tank to fit underneath now with the lower sides. Maybe the 40 gallon tank would fit, but that seems almost not worth it.

Anyhow, make sure it is well ventilated if you are putting it under the cover.. Run the vent hose to the outside of the bed and open the tailgate when you are filling so fumes don't build up. Maybe take out the plastic plugs in the front wall of the bed for air flow.

thevol

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
7.3 XLT Tremor
If you are getting one, Check out Transferflow.com That is where I got mine. It is very well made.
Thanks, Ive had mine on order for almost a month, its an ATI 42gal transfer tank DOT approved for gasoline. It is a low tank that will fit under the tonneau with the smaller gpi pump on top. Im doing this mostly to fill the truck at rest stops/non fuel stops and for filling a boat or atvs. Transfer flow makes some great products though.

Robert357

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ford Raptor
Yes, I liked when it was below the BakFlip, although the fill neck still stuck out through the cover. Unfortunately it would have to be a pretty small tank to fit underneath now with the lower sides. Maybe the 40 gallon tank would fit, but that seems almost not worth it.

Anyhow, make sure it is well ventilated if you are putting it under the cover.. Run the vent hose to the outside of the bed and open the tailgate when you are filling so fumes don't build up. Maybe take out the plastic plugs in the front wall of the bed for air flow.

It states that the 40g will fit under most Tonneau covers so I’ll going to give it a try. I know it’s a small tank but it’s really for long drives and filling up sxs, spray rigs, etc on the ranch.

Great advice on the venting aspect of the set up, thank you for the ideas.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge