TremorDoc

Tremor Member
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Expedition
Love my 22 F250 Tremor Godzilla with the Transfer Flow tank installed.

Attachments

• Dash62024.jpg
    Dash62024.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 204
I wanted one but couldn't justify it. We usually use the truck for trips and towing our camper. 99% of the time we need to stop for a break every 2 hours. So if its just a trip, we can go 350+ miles or if we're towing, about 225-250 miles. I suppose another reason is that I live in socal and if I wanted to fill up a 55 gallon tank I'll need to get a 2nd mortgage. 🤣

Wait... How do you have 933 DTE with a 9.7 avg mpg?
If Mr. Prime had the display on "Fuel History" instead of a 1600mi "Trip" it would be apparent.

I do like the presence of the Turbo gauge on a 7.3 though! Did you sneak in a power adder @Optimus or are you dreaming of a 🦂 ?? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If Mr. Prime had the display on "Fuel History" instead of a 1600mi "Trip" it would be apparent.

I do like the presence of the Turbo gauge on a 7.3 though! Did you sneak in a power adder @Optimus or are you dreaming of a 🦂 ?? :ROFLMAO:
This picture is from someone’s 6.7 I believe. Tach maxes out at 5k rpm. However, I wouldn’t doubt @Optimus ability to carry extra “fluids”. 🤣

Wow... I'm feeling pretty dumb today because the math is not mathin' for me. If the trip calculator for a 1593.5 mile trip averages 9.7 mpg, then that's 164.3 gallons of gas. Assuming the tank was run to empty each time, that's 2.8 full 58 gallon tanks. With a DTE of 933, he would in theory be able to complete said 1593.5 miles in 1.7 tanks (assuming optimal mpg). What am I missing? (aka, help me feel less dumb)

I suppose another reason is that I live in socal and if I wanted to fill up a 55 gallon tank I'll need to get a 2nd mortgage. 🤣
A friend of mine used this same justification to argue against a bigger tank. You are still going to use and pay for the same exact amount of fuel you use. If you use 60 gallons per month, you're still going to buy 60 gallons of fuel, either all at once or 30 gallons twice.

That said, I get it about the CA fuel prices. I bugged out of CA in 2016.

Wow... I'm feeling pretty dumb today because the math is not mathin' for me. If the trip calculator for a 1593.5 mile trip averages 9.7 mpg, then that's 164.3 gallons of gas. Assuming the tank was run to empty each time, that's 2.8 full 58 gallon tanks. With a DTE of 933, he would in theory be able to complete said 1593.5 miles in 1.7 tanks (assuming optimal mpg). What am I missing? (aka, help me feel less dumb)
The DTE is not based on the full duration of the trip mileage. It is a moving average and updates, if I had to guess, every 30min of drive time. So that just means that he was in a high economy drive cycle close to the latest fill up (50mph steady state, or drafting behind a semi, etc). Then the DTE algorithm updates using that mpg.

The DTE is not based on the full duration of the trip mileage. It is a moving average and updates, if I had to guess, every 30min of drive time. So that just means that he was in a high economy drive cycle close to the latest fill up (50mph steady state, or drafting behind a semi, etc). Then the DTE algorithm updates using that mpg.
Thank you... I appreciate the explanation! The DTE looked pretty close to what those with the 6.7L and the S&B 60 tanks are getting and was hoping I could get range like that so @Lunch Box would stop busting my balls over not having a diesel (all in good fun of course).

Thank you... I appreciate the explanation! The DTE looked pretty close to what those with the 6.7L and the S&B 60 tanks are getting and was hoping I could get range like that so @Lunch Box would stop busting my balls over not having a diesel (all in good fun of course).
The other high probability explanation is that is not a pic of @Optimus ' truck. The turbo gauge is a giveaway... A lot easier to get 15.5mpg with a 6.7 and 60gal tank to get that DTE.

I plead the 5th!

Back