Tranny leak

Dotter78

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat (Tremor)
Fellow Tremors,
I just picked my new F250 Tremor last weekend. Can’t say enough good things about the truck.... however I have noticed it’s leaking tranny fluid, not a crazy leak but enough to post my concern. I’m quite certain any leaking is total BS. I’m just wondering if any of you by chance ran into this.....
I have about 1000 miles on it and been pretty gentle thus far...
-7.3 motor

Unfortunately you are not the first, worst part is there are no spare parts to repair it. See link, maybe he can give you some additional info.

Unfortunately you are not the first, worst part is there are no spare parts to repair it. See link, maybe he can give you some additional info.

Thanks for sharing, this makes me furious!!

Thanks for sharing, this makes me furious!!

Yeah I'm watching mine like a hawk, that plastic trans oil pan is no bueno for me, maybe nothing to do with these problems but very suspicious. Sorry for your troubles.

Well just got back from a 400 mile camping trip and decided to take a look under the truck...guess what, its leaking tranny fluid from the plastic cooler fitting. :mad: Guess its off to the dealer, got a week long camping trip coming up in two weeks. Gonna be pretty pissed if they dont have any parts to fix it and I'm without a tow vehicle. It looks like the trans are leaking on these things every which way possible, I would suggest everyone keep a very close eye on it, hope I caught it early enough and didnt lose alot of fluid, dont see much under the truck.

Attachments

• 20200908_163546.jpg
    20200908_163546.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 194
It seems like this tranny leak is happening to 7.3s more than 6.7s........maybe it is just me?

It seems like this tranny leak is happening to 7.3s more than 6.7s........maybe it is just me?

Dunno, but all the fittings and gaskets are likely the same. Hoping this is a quick hose changeout.

So that fitting is not actually the source of the leak, that is a coolant fitting from the radiator and goes to the water/oil coolers. Appears the leak is up in the bell housing and dripping down so this is going to be a major repair, great...

same thoughts :unsure: here

I am going to crawl under mine, had a trailer road trip yesterday.

Update on mine....
I had mine into dealer the first time, they thought it was the trans fill plug that was leaking. They replaced and put thread lock on it.... no dice on that. They did put dye in the fluid to trace the leak. My truck is currently in the shop now, they ordered a new pan just in case.... I will let you all know the outcome. I sure hope this gets fixed, It sucks for all having this issue!

Update on mine....
I had mine into dealer the first time, they thought it was the trans fill plug that was leaking. They replaced and put thread lock on it.... no dice on that. They did put dye in the fluid to trace the leak. My truck is currently in the shop now, they ordered a new pan just in case.... I will let you all know the outcome. I sure hope this gets fixed, It sucks for all having this issue!
Hope the part is available nothing worse than a leak in a new expensive vehicle

The dealer couldnt get me in until Fri so I went under there and poked around again, took the bell housing inspection plate off and there wasnt any visible fluid in there so thats good. It looks like there could be a pinhole in the oil/water cooler just below the trans, but not sure, seems to be spraying up on the trans and dripping down, hard to trace it. This would be a pretty easy fix if its just the cooler.

This seems to be happening mainly on trucks built post Covid - would be curious to see build dates on the trucks having issues

This seems to be happening mainly on trucks built post Covid - would be curious to see build dates on the trucks having issues
I agree......not many problems in the trucks produced in the first 5 months of production.

Mine was built 6/20. Against my better judgement I bought a 1st year trans and engine, in the middle of a pandemic to boot. Probably not the best decision I have made, oh well, its under warranty I will let Ford figure it out I'm done guessing whats wrong with it.

I just got my Tremor back, they stated it was leaking from the trans pan. Installed a new pan and gasket. I’m hoping this is it but doubting this is the end of this problem. It is going to get ugly if I have to go back again. I could stomach this issue better if it was a fiesta, not 70k+ truck.

I just got my Tremor back, they stated it was leaking from the trans pan. Installed a new pan and gasket. I’m hoping this is it but doubting this is the end of this problem. It is going to get ugly if I have to go back again. I could stomach this issue better if it was a fiesta, not 70k+ truck.

Hope it is fixed permanently!

Hope thats all it was, I looked at mine again and it looks like the upper passenger side of the bell housing is the source, possibly the torque converter. Appears to be a slow leak, if they cant get it fixed in a week or so gonna need a loaner that can tow or just run this thing as is for our camping trip. Goes in the shop Fri morn.

Back