Trailer Hitches, Camper Trailer

MajorBozo

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 2021 Tremor Kings Ranch Antimatter Blue
Getting 27 foot Airstream Globetrotter to go with the Tremor. Need to get a hitch. I would like to start research. I have seen mentioned here bullet proof and weigh safe. Any other I should look at?

Anything specific I should look out for? Critical specs to check?

MB

Nice trailer! Looks like the weight is 6300#?

At that weight pretty much any hitch will do ya. B&W Tow & Stow might be the most elegant option as you can hide the hitch ball when you're not pulling to reduce your overall length. Bulletproof has higher capacity and a pintle adapter, but you shouldn't be anywhere near the weight limits with this trailer and it's not a pintle. You won't really benefit from the Weighsafe since your tongue weight will be pretty static — unlike with an equipment trailer or something where you're having to guesstimate the weight distribution on the trailer.

I will be using the Equalizer weight distributing hitch I used on my F150. Maybe I don't need a WDH on a 350 but it certainly can't hurt.
It certainly helps with trailer sway.

Last edited:
I bought these for my F350 to go with my Equalizer 12K weight distribution hitch:

Hitch

WDH Adapter

I did not want to have to adapt down from 2.5" to 2" to use most hitches, including those sold by Equalizer.

The inside bottom of the hitch on my truck measured 20 1/4" from the ground, so 6" drop was recommended as it provides 10" of clearance. If your truck sits higher, 8" may be OK.

Last edited:
Blue Ox, Weight Distribution and Sway Control. Air Stream Trailers tow better than any Travel Trailer I've towed. Trailer Saver Hitches are probably the finest, but hard to get use to. Blue Ox is only second to Trailer Saver Look and compare the Quality of all of them, in person. Seeing is believing.

Nice trailer! Looks like the weight is 6300#?

At that weight pretty much any hitch will do ya. B&W Tow & Stow might be the most elegant option as you can hide the hitch ball when you're not pulling to reduce your overall length. Bulletproof has higher capacity and a pintle adapter, but you shouldn't be anywhere near the weight limits with this trailer and it's not a pintle. You won't really benefit from the Weighsafe since your tongue weight will be pretty static — unlike with an equipment trailer or something where you're having to guesstimate the weight distribution on the trailer.
Thanks for the info. Where in California do you hale from. I was born and raised 20 Minutes South of San
Francisco. Tom Brady's home town. Had to get out. Moved to South Carolina 4 years ago.

Loaded weight should be closer to 9K. I am told.

Thanks for the info. Where in California do you hale from. I was born and raised 20 Minutes South of San
Francisco. Tom Brady's home town. Had to get out. Moved to South Carolina 4 years ago.

Loaded weight should be closer to 9K. I am told.
9k would still be fine with nearly any option. But I’m not an RV guy and it seems like the RV guys here have some fancy systems so I’d take their word for it.

I’m north of San Francisco. Lived in the south end of the city for a long time. Not a bad place to grow up! Have family in the Carolina’s. Nice place to be. Especially if you have a boat and an RV... and don’t mind humidity. ?

Getting the RV working on the boat. Humidity doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Used to think anything over 75 as hot. Just have to move a little slower--which is why I moved.
Do miss the afternoon fog, fresh dungeness and real Chinese food.

Getting the RV working on the boat. Humidity doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Used to think anything over 75 as hot. Just have to move a little slower--which is why I moved.
Do miss the afternoon fog, fresh dungeness and real Chinese food.

Well, both the fog and the crabs have been going away with climate change. So there's that. ?

Agreed... Equalizer 12K WD here.. Use on my Tremor/Airstream 30RB. Very Happy!! ??
What size drop are you running with the AS? We should be getting ours around November and I got a few measurements from some in the lot that looked like they averaged about a ~17” height, but I got a number of different actual readings from the ones I was checking.

Back