cbdsurf

Tremor Buff
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Lariat
First Responder
Paramedic Fire Captain
Attention Tremor Family. Was wondering if there is a trailer hitch long enough allowing you to drop your tailgate while still attached to your travel trailer?

When I use my BulletProof combined with the Weight Distribution Adaptor, my tailgates easily clears the power tongue jack.
Hitch:
WDH adapter:

Attention Tremor Family. Was wondering if there is a trailer hitch long enough allowing you to drop your tailgate while still attached to your travel trailer?
I don't have one yet, but the Weigh Safe WD hitch is designed with the tailgate in mind.

1626633304562.png

My Gen-Y torsion hitch with weight distribution also gives the clearance necessary to drop the tailgate while attached.

Torklift makes some receiver hitches and ball mounts that will get you WAY out, but they're not cheap and are likely overkill for whatever you're thinking. They're designed so that you can tow a sizable trailer (boat or cargo, etc) behind a truck camper.

My Gen-Y torsion hitch with weight distribution also gives the clearance necessary to drop the tailgate while attached.
Can you tell me what WHD head you are using? Does the torsion Gen-Y provide a smoother ride? I tow a 10.5K bumper pull and some of the highways are like bombing runs. I already have a Husky WDH and am wondering if it can work with the Gen-Y without having to start over.

Did you purchase a standard torsion hitch then add the WDH shank adapter?

Did you purchase a standard torsion hitch then add the WDH shank adapter?
Can you tell me what WHD head you are using? Does the torsion Gen-Y provide a smoother ride? I tow a 10.5K bumper pull and some of the highways are like bombing runs. I already have a Husky WDH and am wondering if it can work with the Gen-Y without having to start over.

I have the standard Gen-Y 10k torsion hitch (my camper is 8k lbs) with the Gen-Y WD shank which attaches to most/all WD heads. I have the Equilizer WD head.
I noticed a smoother ride when going to the Gen-Y

Back