Trailer AUX camera image upside down. How to rotate?

shermanator2

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
too many to list
In oder for the door to open and close on my trailer, I had to mount the trailer back up camera in what is apparently an upside down orientation. The instructions were not really specific about which way was supposed to be up. I figured in the modern world this would be configurable in software. The mounting bracket has holes to support either orientation.

Now my image is rotated to be upside down.

Anyone know how to rotate the image? Am I stuck with an upside down and backward camera view? If so, this seems really short sided on Ford's part.

In oder for the door to open and close on my trailer, I had to mount the trailer back up camera in what is apparently an upside down orientation. The instructions were not really specific about which way was supposed to be up. I figured in the modern world this would be configurable in software. The mounting bracket has holes to support either orientation.

Now my image is rotated to be upside down.

Anyone know how to rotate the image? Am I stuck with an upside down and backward camera view? If so, this seems really short sided on Ford's part.
Do you have a picture of where it is mounted near a door on the trailer?

Can you put a spacer of some type to give you the height you need to open the door, so you can flip it over the right way?

You are correct that the instructions are vague. I followed the images and installed mine in this orientation (plug towards the driver side):

PXL_20221010_221243289.jpg

The provided bracket has sufficient holes to rotate 180deg and have the camera pointed in the same direction. I assume this is how yours is? Seems like there would be a way to calibrate it but I never looked into that. You could make an offset bracket to shift up the "hump" for clearance. I found one that adapts to the Voyager mount and there were others available on Amazon. The one I bought inherently shifted it up maybe 1/2" or so:

PXL_20221010_192024557.jpg

Tx-Tremor6.7 asked for a picture. The aluminum diamond plate is on the swing down trailer door/ramp. The top cross bar is a 2"x4" square tube and I have fished the cable through it. Cable already spliced to length. To turn the camera upside down at this point even with a special bracket, I would pretty much have to start from scratch. I guess I will just live with an upside down and backward image.​

IMG_1312.JPG

Plenty of cable length to move the bracket and camera to the right of the grommet. May not be centered is all, but will be better than turning head upside down.

Plenty of cable length to move the bracket and camera to the right of the grommet. May not be centered is all, but will be better than turning head upside down.
Yes, I was going to suggest something similar. See if there is enough cable in the hole to flip the camera and bring the wires in from the driver side.

If not, do what @BroncoHooves suggested and move the camera off center and flip it. If you have to move it off center, you could put a small spacer on the passenger side of the mount to compensate for the position.

Or just move the camera over enough to give you enough slack to flip the camera, so the wiring is okay. Plenty of viable options instead of getting used to an upside down picture.

Back