Trading in your old truck or selling?

Redoggs

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ordered a 2022 F250 Tremor star white
Those of you waiting patiently for the 2022 to be delivered are you going to take advantage of the market now and negotiate a trade in price, or try sell yourself? According to kbb I can try sell my 2017 F150 for about what I bought it for new. I would think once production catches back up to demand that will change, but just curious what others have opted to do!

I just traded my '16 F150 Ultimate Lariat FX4 garage queen (32K miles!) in. I know I coulda got at least $4K more but I didn't want to deal with the sob stories, morons, and outright crooks.

If I had more driveway I might have kept it.

The old F150 will now be religated to "beater Truck" status to be used for dirty work, hauling and days when salt applications is particularly heavy ?. That will greatly reduce the wear and tear and mileage on the Tremor for the first couple years. To me that's worth way more than trade in value. ?

Sold my 2019 (I was second owner) f-350 XLT for 1k less than I paid for it in August last year and put 14000 miles on it. Had it on Craigslist for all of 30 minutes. Way too many inquires to keep track of and took it down. Guy wired money before he even came to pick it up.

Those of you waiting patiently for the 2022 to be delivered are you going to take advantage of the market now and negotiate a trade in price, or try sell yourself? According to kbb I can try sell my 2017 F150 for about what I bought it for new. I would think once production catches back up to demand that will change, but just curious what others have opted to do!
Placed my 2022 order yesterday. Have a neighbor and my brother asking to purchase my 2014 Tundra once the Tremor comes in. So likely sometime this fall depending on build times.

Sold my 2019 (I was second owner) f-350 XLT for 1k less than I paid for it in August last year and put 14000 miles on it. Had it on Craigslist for all of 30 minutes. Way too many inquires to keep track of and took it down. Guy wired money before he even came to pick it up.
Wow!

Dealer gave me $10k trade for my 2007 F-250 SuperCab 4x4 6.0 powerstroke with 158k miles. I traded it for 21 F-350 Lariat 6.7 Tremor.
My brother is buying my 21 Tremor after he totaled his 06 LBZ Duramax.
I put an order in for a 2022 F-350 XLT 6.7 Tremor, $67k with same dealer, most options, winch, XLT value package, NO moonroof.

I sold my 2018 Raptor with 19,500 miles for more than I paid for it new three years ago. I placed my ad on Craigslist and it took me less than a week to sell it. I had 6 dealers, 7 scammers and 4 real people contact me about it.

Back