TPMS System for trailers.

Lateshiftblues7

2020 F250 TREMOR 6.7 Lariat.
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Lariat
Hey Everyone,
My travel trailer came with TPMS installed in the tires. can i hook them up to the truck or do i still need to buy something from Ford to do this? If so does anyone know how or what to do?
thanks for any help everyone.

Hey Everyone,
My travel trailer came with TPMS installed in the tires. can i hook them up to the truck or do i still need to buy something from Ford to do this? If so does anyone know how or what to do?
thanks for any help everyone.
You may need a repeater to boost the signal so it will reach the truck. Sensors are just part of the equation from what I know

Ford has a Trailer TPMS Sensor Kit (sensor receiver and harness for the trailer) that wires into (in some cases) a factory harness near the spare tire under the truck. I've seen other threads on here where folks didn't order the Trailer TPMS setup for their truck and the harness plug-in point wasn't available.

there's a plug tucked behind the bumper but your not meant to plug right into it, you replace the 4 and 7 pin trailer plug on the bumper with a 7 pin and data plug and the tucked plug wires into that. the harness installed on the trailer will have a plug that goes into the second slot so when you hook up its like hooking up 2 7 pin connectors. the harness has a module that you run to near the axles so it can pickup the trailer sensors

Ford sensors with Ford wired repeater. Installed mine a few weeks ago. Leave on a trip next week
Did your sensors and cable come with your truck or did you purchase elsewhere?
Is your truck F20 or F350?

I ordered mine with the truck, never got it.
Got some checking to do.

So are there in the wheel or valve stem caps? And how do you set your thresholds? The Ford site didn’t really give any details about the use.

I’ve been looking at add-on TPMS systems but like the idea of having it integrated with the truck and not having to manage an additional system.

It looks as though the Ford system just monitors pressure, not temperature. Is this correct? Some aftermarket options monitor both.

So are there in the wheel or valve stem caps? And how do you set your thresholds? The Ford site didn’t really give any details about the use.

I’ve been looking at add-on TPMS systems but like the idea of having it integrated with the truck and not having to manage an additional system.

I ordered mine with the truck, never got it.
Got some checking to do.
Update...
After 1 year and 4 months my dealer wrote a check for the TPMS I did not get. He said he figures they are never coming.
Would like the TPMS for my travel trailer but like the $$$ more when I can't get what I paid for.

Back