Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22MY F250 Star White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
22MY Winnebago Voyage 2831RB

1668520108574.png

Looks good. Lets get to the real question. How much carpet does it have?

They should clarify that to mean compete with F-150 Tremors... It's nice, but there's nothing compelling for me about this one. If you like Toyotas then its a good option to consider. I'll admit I'm biased as I've never been a fan of Toyota trucks.

They should clarify that to mean compete with F-150 Tremors... It's nice, but there's nothing compelling for me about this one. If you like Toyotas then its a good option to consider. I'll admit I'm biased as I've never been a fan of Toyota trucks.
I never have either. IMHO it looks good and having more competition helps push automakers in giving us options we want instead of giving us what they want. (I know you know this) I remember Jeep telling us they couldn't fit a V8 in a wrangler. Ford comes out with the new bronco and boom the 392 wrangler is born! :ROFLMAO:

I never have either. IMHO it looks good and having more competition helps push automakers in giving us options we want instead of giving us what they want. (I know you know this) I remember Jeep telling us they couldn't fit a V8 in a wrangler. Ford comes out with the new bronco and boom the 392 wrangler is born! :ROFLMAO:
I agree. It is interesting to see how Dodge and Ford are competing with the Raptor and TRX. One of my buddies just traded in his Tundra for a fully loaded TRX and it is really nice (and fast!). That supercharged V8 moves that TRX from 0 - 60 in about 4 seconds. It was interesting to watch the g-force gauge as he was driving it and putting the engine to work.

Is it just me or do the new Tundra's look too much like the Silverados?

Will it pull 20,000lbs?
Nope, but they aren't going for that market... Squarely aimed at the overlanding crowd.

Aren’t we all part of the ”overlanding“ crowd? ;)

Hey at least this one has tow hooks in the front. They designed new truck without them

Trying to find a trail it is rated for?

I am a long time Toyota fan but the Tundra has never sparked much interest in me. This version included. As someone else posted, the F-150 (another truck that I have no interest in exceptthe Raptor) is a much closer competitor to the Tundra, not sure why they chose to include the Super Duty in that article.

I am a long time Toyota fan but the Tundra has never sparked much interest in me. This version included. As someone else posted, the F-150 (another truck that I have no interest in exceptthe Raptor) is a much closer competitor to the Tundra, not sure why they chose to include the Super Duty in that article.
Tundra bros always claim their trucks are “basically 3/4 ton trucks”.

My guess is it's because the "Trail Hunter" designation is going across multiple nameplates much like Ford is doing with "Tremor".

Back