Top Speed

Lasvegasron

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I found out my 7.3 Godzilla is really a little lizard. Had it floored and 96 MPH @2500 RPM is all in.
Need a fix as my ‘17 F150 Ecoboost is faster and tops out at 108mph
Any ideas,To remove the governor ?

I found out my 7.3 Godzilla is really a little lizard. Had it floored and 96 MPH @2500 RPM is all in.
why

No, likely serious. Another buddy of mine here in Vegas ran into the same upper speed limit on a Platinum (non-Tremor F350), and he was like, "Whoa, that was a bit of a surprise when I went to pass someone." I-15 in Utah has 80MPH speed limits, so not unlikely for those with a lead-foot.

It's the idea that we are limited. I most likely would not drive over 96 but I want to know that I can. Especially if I have the hp and gearing to do it.

I was merging from the on ramp the other day in my 7.3 and just put it in the floor to get in front of some traffic, looked down and I was going 95 before I got to the end of the ramp, yikes! It is easy to get into trouble with this 7.3 engine lol.

get a pedal commander or similar device. Response will feel a little better.

you’ll get used to the change in top speed eventually. F250/350 drive is a different experience than F150. Airing down tires also helps tremendously w/ ride quality. 96 mph is plenty fast

It's the idea that we are limited. I most likely would not drive over 96 but I want to know that I can. Especially if I have the hp and gearing to do it.
I am speculating but I imagine it might all relate to the tailshaft. Perhaps due to its length it cannot cope with such high revolutions. Years ago here in Australia Ford put a speed limiter on its performance V8 sedans they claimed at the time was because of the tailshaft. They couldn’t be bothered engineering the tailshaft properly. Eventually they did although I am not sure what was involved

I am speculating but I imagine it might all relate to the tailshaft. Perhaps due to its length it cannot cope with such high revolutions. Years ago here in Australia Ford put a speed limiter on its performance V8 sedans they claimed at the time was because of the tailshaft. They couldn’t be bothered engineering the tailshaft properly. Eventually they did although I am not sure what was involved
That would be good to know Hate to have that blow up at 100 plus MPH or 160 KPH for my friends up north in the land of the great white stuff

I go between Arizona and Nevada on 93, most vehicles run 85 or more. I was curious where the speed limiter kicked in and 96 was it. Out here in the Wild West 80 is the normal speed .
I don’t like being limited, although it doesn’t mean I’ll cruise at 110

Most likely has to do with the tires speed rating. I could not imagine trying to maneuver or stop at those speeds in one these trucks though.

Most likely has to do with the tires speed rating. I could not imagine trying to maneuver or stop at those speeds in one these trucks though.
Good point. What is the speed rating in these tyres? Coupling high speed with a full load on a hot day is probably not a good combination.

That would be good to know Hate to have that blow up at 100 plus MPH or 160 KPH for my friends up north in the land of the great white stuff
What’s top speed for the 6.7. And I’m a ride it like you stole it kind of guy or used be.
Now I know it’s a heavy beast and stopping it may be a problem. But I to want to see what it does when I finally get her. My Jaguar tops out at 176 supposedly. I got it up to 145 the other day just to see what it can do. And it’s a F Pace SVR. The SUV. But it’s not like I’m staying at that speed. My old Ninja (before going to the Harleys) went 155.My FZR 158 My Intercepter 140. In NY we ride fast.
So I’d like to know top speed of the 6.7 for anyone who pushed the limits to see what she can do.

I go between Arizona and Nevada on 93, most vehicles run 85 or more. I was curious where the speed limiter kicked in and 96 was it. Out here in the Wild West 80 is the normal speed .
I don’t like being limited, although it doesn’t mean I’ll cruise at 110
Lol ford says they limit them because of the driveshaft but my 2004 Dodge diesel will go 110 and more if I want so now I just go around to the guys with the new trucks and ask if they wanna race for pink slips easy win

What’s top speed for the 6.7. And I’m a ride it like you stole it kind of guy or used be.
Now I know it’s a heavy beast and stopping it may be a problem. But I to want to see what it does when I finally get her. My Jaguar tops out at 176 supposedly. I got it up to 145 the other day just to see what it can do. And it’s a F Pace SVR. The SUV. But it’s not like I’m staying at that speed. My old Ninja (before going to the Harleys) went 155.My FZR 158 My Intercepter 140. In NY we ride fast.
So I’d like to know top speed of the 6.7 for anyone who pushed the limits to see what she can do.

Its the same I believe

Lol ford says they limit them because of the driveshaft but my 2004 Dodge diesel will go 110 and more if I want so now I just go around to the guys with the new trucks and ask if they wanna race for pink slips easy win
Now you’re talking my brother. ?

Back