Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LsqFCE 🎁

Toolbox for Bed

Rich Pune

Tremor Junkie
3x TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F250 Lariat Tremor
I'm thinking of picking up a UWS toolbox for the bed. It's 20" wide, so I'd be left with about a 5' bed. For those that have toolboxes, do you ever miss the the free space?

giving up bed space for a place to keep all the crap i need with me is an easy choice for me.

once you put a toolbox on your truck you will never own another truck without putting a tool box on it.........

Gave my toolbox away. A Diamondback with their 20" W x 13" D
cross-tray holds a lot of tools out of sight. Toolboxes are thief magnets. $0.02

Love my UWS toolbox!.....and I still found a tonneau cover that fits the remainder of the BED! Extang….makes it !!

Last edited:
RP- I have a tool box sitting in the bed of my truck that takes up about the same amount of space. Previously I had a box mounted on the rails (on another truck). WIth my current toolbox I do not miss the space, but I can easily take the box out when needed. Also, I’m set to install a Retrax cover once it arrives. I will still use a toolbox in the bed, but it’ll be a smaller one. Back to the original question - I have not missed the space taken up by a toolbox, and as others have stated, I find mine just about “necessary.”

I am installing one of these to try out. Fits under the tonneau cover and swings out to access.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210223-221625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210223-221625_Chrome.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 68
I added a weatherguard with an extang cover.

Attachments

• 2D7561AC-14AE-4272-A389-0A33C8B135D5.jpeg
    2D7561AC-14AE-4272-A389-0A33C8B135D5.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 303
Your truck have LED headlights? I wanted the magnum rack with lights but heard it wasn’t compatible with the LEDs

I do have the LED lights on truck all around and yes lights work. It is the higher rack so the third brake/camera would be visible. Will post some pictures of lights after dark.

I am installing one of these to try out. Fits under the tonneau cover and swings out to access.
I’m installing a retrax and 1 swing out box also. I decided to put only the passenger side on so it wouldn’t cover the LED light button

I do have the LED lights on truck all around and yes lights work. It is the higher rack so the third brake/camera would be visible. Will post some pictures of lights after dark.
When i talked to Magnum they said that the lights will not work on a 2021 with factory LED's. I was going to order the same one.

I use my truck for work so need a toolbox. Very seldom do I miss the extra space. If I do need space, I have other work trucks to use.
View attachment 18570View attachment 18571

First pic I've seen of a full size Weatherguard and a slip tank on a SWB. Have the same setup on my 350 LWB in order to still use the gooseneck hitch. Tired of the LWB length, next truck will be a SWB.

I like that.

I had a retraction on my F150 for 6 years. Still wasnt 100% because I never felt organized, but the Retrax, although noisy, had its use. I just installed a Custom Cam-Locker and LOVE IT.

Attachments

• CDD2BE5A-46B7-4B86-AB8C-B8E361D1D6DE.jpeg
    CDD2BE5A-46B7-4B86-AB8C-B8E361D1D6DE.jpeg
    488.5 KB · Views: 279
I had a retraction on my F150 for 6 years. Still wasnt 100% because I never felt organized, but the Retrax, although noisy, had its use. I just installed a Custom Cam-Locker and LOVE IT.
That's close to the box I'm looking at. No rails though.

I have a uws box in my raptor, I carry about 150-200 pounds in it, it's got milwaukee pack outs with all the tools I could need, extremely heavy duty jumper cables which are like 30 pounds, extra fluids, spare parts, hi lift jack and other miscellaneous junk. I've had it 7 years and it's done very well until I added the hi lift jack which somehow came loose offroad and dented the shit out of the box and is causing the paint to peel off. Other than that I'm very impressed with how well it's lasting because every other toolbox I've bought has had issues and was used much easier. After 7 years I need to replace the gasket around the lid as it's starting to disintegrate. I'm undecided on whether I'm going to put one in the tremor, I will say that I feel naked without having some basic tools on hand where ever I go.
20210127_160608.jpg

Back