Tonneau Covers

I've seen a bunch of tonneau covers on here. What's the best? Looking for something low profile but also operates well. Ideally easy to take on and off. Pictures appreciated if you have em!
Anybody put a retractable behind their toolbox?

I put a Retrax XR on my truck as well...had one on my F150 before I got the Tremor and liked it so did it again! I have a Rhino Rack setup that holds bikes or a basket that works with the t-slots and is great when we go camping or to the beach to leave the bed free for other stuff. I ordered mine through Home Depot's website with a ship to store option and was able to use one of their random coupons to get $200 off! Best part, had it at the local HD in less than a week while other places were quoting me anywhere between 4-6 weeks to get it or 20 days direct from Retrax.

If I didn't have to use the gooseneck hitch, the diamondback cover would be on my truck.
I agree, I'm staying with a travel trailer set up. The gooseneck hitch doesn't work well with this cover.

Another vote for the Lomax cover. I’ve had two now, one on my Raptor and the one on my current F250. Very easy to install, remove the whole thing if you need the whole bed and no need to lift it when the tailgate closes. I’ve had mine folded and latched doing 75 on the interstate with no issues. Not completely waterproof going through the car wash, but it keeps out rain for sure. Really happy with the Lomax and you can find them for under $800
Interested in the lomax but am concerned about fitting my yeti in the bed underneath it. How much space do you have from the bed to the underside? And is that with a bed liner?

I went with the Lomax. I haul a gooseneck trailer so I wanted a low profile cover that is easy to remove. Really like it so far.
View attachment 17900View attachment 17930
I have a Lomax also, easy to remove and reinstall for full access of the bed. Supposed to weigh 40 pounds? Haven't installed yet, got it in December and I'm in Winter wonderland lol....?

I pulled the trigger and ordered a Retrax PowertraxPRO XR yesterday. I think I got a fair deal. I previously had a Roll-N-Lock on my 2000, F350 7.3, for 20 years without a problem. On a side note, I sold that truck last week after having it for 21 years. I listed it for $3,000 more than I thought I might get ($18,500) and it sold in 4-hours at full price. It’s a sellers market right now. So here I sit without a truck until mine arrives around March 10th, yikes! ? Back to the cover. Although I had great luck with the Roll-N-Lock and I don’t think you can go wrong with their product, I like the T-Slot options with the Retrax XR and consider it an upgrade.

Love my Retrax cover. Only downside is that it eats up about a foot of bed space, though you do still get full length of the bed under the cover container.

Well built and solid, glad I spent the extra $$$

Had to go with custom size since have a tool box and aux fuel tank. Seems nice so far.

2021-02-26 15.31.39.jpg
2021-02-26 15.31.49.jpg

Looking at getting a retractable cover (eithe Retrax or Peragon). How much bed space do you lose with these? My past 4 trucks have all had the "soft" roll up style from Truxedo and they were nice in that they didn't cover the back window and allowed the full use of the bed etc. The downside is they weren't that great at keeping water and debris at and the velcro lost it's adhesion after a few years etc.

I've seen a bunch of tonneau covers on here. What's the best? Looking for something low profile but also operates well. Ideally easy to take on and off. Pictures appreciated if you have em!
I ordered this setup. Had a few other styles before biggest complaints were the wear on the velcro and the fact I block back window to open up and haul something. This seems to be the best option I have found, will definitely post pics once installed !

BAK Revolver X4 Hard Rolling Truck Bed Tonneau Cover​

I ordered this setup. Had a few other styles before biggest complaints were the wear on the velcro and the fact I block back window to open up and haul something. This seems to be the best option I have found, will definitely post pics once installed !

BAK Revolver X4 Hard Rolling Truck Bed Tonneau Cover​

Interested to hear your thoughts on this one. Looks nice and a better option than the Truxedo style, but also looks "bulkier" as you say to block more of the back window and yes, the Velcro wear has always been an issue for me in the past.

I got the Ford folding hard cover tonneau, so far, it's perfect. It hides your contents, locks, and folds out of the way when you need to haul something tall. Not perfectly watertight, but pretty good. (My "go bag" & other goodies are in plastic tubs, so a little water is no big deal.)
Hi Tony,

Is it water sealed enough to say, put our travel bags in the flatbed for a long weekend trip and protect them if it rains during our drive?

I looked at quite a few different covers before purchasing mine and wouldn’t say there is a best option out there. There is going to be trade offs for each design and need to find what is the best fit for you. I ended up getting the Teuxedo Century CT. It is not perfect but is a good option for people looking for something quick and easy to remove. No tools needed to remove or install the roll leaving the rails in place. It doesn’t completely block the rear window or contact the cab rolled up like the flip options. I am not fond of the bulk and weight when storing removed but not a deal breaker for me. Unfortunately that is the trade of for extra security and lack of having to pull cover tight on the sides every time opening/closing it it to keep a nice smooth look vs the soft cover options. Am also not fond of having to open the cover a little to close the tailgate. Most will get used to that part as I already was from a previous trucks Bak F2 but my wife still struggles with opening before closing the tailgate. In that aspect I think the new Backs have a better tailgate seal system but is not near as quick to remove the roll/panels which is more important to me. The canvas top on the CT is great since it doesn’t collect dirt and dust even a fraction as bad as the vinyl soft cover I have on a company car. The CT is pretty water tight with most water coming in from rear tailgate factory gaps and doesn’t require drain tubes to achieve it. All in all I would recommend the Century CT if looking for a hard option with super quick easy tool less removal that doesn’t contact the cab when open.
0DC8A68A-0A94-4FC6-9045-D1230853AA73.jpeg6FA815BD-4073-4CE8-9F07-A4A23A214F0B.jpegFE26E29E-6A6D-4C7D-8476-D1E7F044E2C7.jpeg

Attachments

• 92F241D4-23AA-4F7D-8930-D418F63AAE18.jpeg
    92F241D4-23AA-4F7D-8930-D418F63AAE18.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 171
Just installed the Gator Trax. Works pretty slick.

Attachments

• B7C8B086-45C0-4DF7-BC4C-20B33092CEB2.jpeg
    B7C8B086-45C0-4DF7-BC4C-20B33092CEB2.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 58
I have the ford/rev trifold from the dealership and it is great. I used to the points from ford pass that I got from getting the truck to knock about 350 off the price. the dealership said its the cover that gets the least complaints, especially about water leaking. No cover is completely water proof but this one is darn near close.

Latest Discussions

Back