Tonneau Covers

I went with the Lomax. I haul a gooseneck trailer so I wanted a low profile cover that is easy to remove. Really like it so far.
61672872573__2F7932F0-AE9D-4FC2-BDF0-34E21BECCE21_Original.JPG
IMG_6691_Original.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll throw another option at you... TruckGear by Linex is a Bakflip MX4 (literally) that is linex coated at the factory. I love mine. And it “locks” when the tailgate is closed.
4DB53457-5DDF-40AD-AC69-94BE1CA1CDFF.jpeg
BA104DBA-F6BE-4CB8-B623-98912FC3F1F5.jpeg

+1 on Retrax Pro XR.....alot of options with the T-Slot, i.e, racks, etc.... Has some weight to it, but very durable, and full access to the bed. If you need to take on and off frequently by yourself, you may want to go another route. However, being a roll-up, they are built very well and can be locked in any partially open/closed position.

I’ve had 6 or 7 BakFlip MX4s personally and I wouldn’t run any other cover. I’ve tried others including the BAK X4 and it leaked everywhere.

Check out the MX4, it’s worth every penny and we would be happy to help you out on a cover. We carry a ton of brands and we offer forum members discounts!

The product pictures have real world pictures of the MX4 as well

I have a Truxedo Sentry this round. Wanted a little more security than a standard roll up and removes without tools.
Do you like it? I have one I am waiting to install. Are you able to close the tailgate with the cover latched down?

Do you like it? I have one I am waiting to install. Are you able to close the tailgate with the cover latched down?
I just installed my Sentry CT (canvas material as opposed to leather-grain vinyl) this weekend. No, you can't really close the tailgate with the tonneau down. Have to leave it up at the back edge of the cover, shut the tailgate, then push the cover down to latch. Kinda sucks; a certain downside for sure.

There's only two tonneaus out there of this design - the Sentry/Sentry CT and the Bak Revolver X2/X4, so the options are limited. I'm sure the Bak is fine, but I thought its locking system looked somewhat fragile, and there's a decent amount of stuff out there about their quality long-term.

Does anyone have the Ford factory tri fold? If so, any comments, pics? Thanks

Like ICT said, nope, you have to lift up the very end, close the tailgate and then close the cover. It is taking some getting used to, but I liked the ease of removal compared to the Retrax, so went this route. I have read that you can slide the seal out, flip it over and slide it back in so that it goes down/back into the bed, but haven't looked at that option yet - I haven't put the front seal on yet because the weather is not warm enough for me to want to try and get it to stick, but so far it has been fairly water tight in the wind, rain, snow and car washes - both brushless and the larger brush one I found near me.

I've seen a bunch of tonneau covers on here. What's the best? Looking for something low profile but also operates well. Ideally easy to take on and off. Pictures appreciated if you have em!
Here is what I have ... love it .. it is from Neo Garage on this site .... it is clean, no leaks and folds up against back of cab ... FYI .. I replaced the FORD stock cover which sucked ...

Last edited:
Back