Tonneau covers

No I kinda slapped it back on..... but now I’m not worried to much since I’m waiting on my Tremor, have a 1/4/21 build week! But I do really like the security of it plus not losing to much of the bed and visibility out the back.

I also have a 1/4/21 build week for my CG Lariat. :cool:

I had a backFlip on my 150 and liked it but ordered a DiamondBack HD for my Tremor. Wanted something that could handle topside weight

I debated quite awhile. I really like the looks of the retrax and the ability for the top extras. Until I got the truck and realized I'm to short to ever put anything above the bed anyway.. ?? I never had a tonneau cover and wasn't sure I would really like it anyway. So I went cheap first to try it out.

As cheap as it is, I dont care what happens to it. It actually fits good and even after washing with high pressure wand it only gets a little mist in the tailgate area. No puddles. Personally, I dont think it looks as good as the nice hard flush trifolds. But this one is really easy to take off by myself in minutes.

Again I still cant believe how inexpensive it is..

Last edited:
A have a Diamond back HD, would have no other cover. you do lose some flexibility of the bed, but you can also haul 1600 lbs on it. I like just loading pallets on top and strap them down.

Peragon here...very happy so far.
I like the Peragon from seeing it online but I worry that the track will get full of dirt over time and it won't work properly. Did you just get it or can you tell if that might be a problem? It looks like the most versatile if it works consistently over time.

I debated quite awhile. I really like the looks of the retrax and the ability for the top extras. Until I got the truck and realized I'm to short to ever put anything above the bed anyway.. ?? I never had a tonneau cover and wasn't sure I would really like it anyway. So I went cheap first to try it out.

As cheap as it is, I dont care what happens to it. It actually fits good and even after washing with high pressure wand it only gets a little mist in the tailgate area. No puddles. Personally, I dont think it looks as good as the nice hard flush trifolds. But this one is really easy to take off by myself in minutes.

Again I still cant believe how inexpensive it is..
I also went this route......the Tyger is excellent and cheap....looks good after years of use (F150). Now I don't live in an area where thieves are ambitious so soft cover is not an issue. When I installed my tool box found another similar cover that works with the tool box. (Extang 2.0 Toolbox Tonneau).

Also today I fucked up and threw my keys on top of my tonneau at the gas station.....and FORGOT them....drove home. They were still there sitting 1 inch from the edge! Thank you Vinyl!!!

A have a Diamond back HD, would have no other cover. you do lose some flexibility of the bed, but you can also haul 1600 lbs on it. I like just loading pallets on top and strap them down.
Still waiting on mine, 50 days to ship from order. Do you ever remove yours? If so how long does it take?

It takes 10 min max to remove, it has four C_ Claps that hold it down. The only issue is the front and rear panel are somewhat heavy, approx 50 lbs. but very doable. this is my third diamond back with bed rug and is my favorite combo.

Feeling like I should have researched more....I ordered my Tremor with the factory folding hard toneauo cover. :(

Got my MX4 delivered today. 6 days from order to receipt. Now I just need the truck. ?

Went with the bak revolver x4. The performance of my current cover the x2 sealed the deal for me. Having a secure, dry bed and full access without losing the back window were all positives that I couldn’t find looking at other options.

Bakflip F1 here. Have one for 9yrs on two F-150's and it performed well in the harsh midwest conditions. Great value and proven design.

Bakflip MX4 arrived today. Install was pretty easy. So far I really like it. There is my old 2004 F150 in the background. I think I was due for the new truck!
IMG_2653.JPG

On my F150 I had the Bakflip Rollx (predecessor to the revolver) was nice until it started falling apart at about year 4. Could barely get in touch with Bak and just gave up on it. Threw it in the trash.

Replaced with a Truxedo Deuce, great cost effective cover. Sold it as I needed something for a RTT. I've had great service from Truxedo in the past also.

Went with Retrax Pro XR, great quality cover and I have the Yakima setup for the RTT.

Tremor will be getting a Retrax Pro XR also.

Wondering what tonneau covers you guys are running with and why or if there are ones that you have had on previous trucks that you will or will not purchase again?

I have a Bak Revolver on my current truck. I like how I have nearly full bed access but the felt underlining glue melts in the summer heat. Undecided if I will get another.
i have a TruckHero Armorflex, Hate it. The latches come out of adjustment so it does not shut, It has a few leaks, And the fit and finish is not great.

I have the Agri-Cover Lomax. Looks great and I love it. Had a seal go bad 3.5 years into owning it and they sent me a tonneau. Incredible customer and they have gained a customer for life.

Those with the Retrax covers... how sturdy is the box the cover rolls into? Could I strap a fridge against it??

Back