Tonneau cover

72 Bronco

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
72 Bronco
Current Ride #2
2020 Tremor F-250
anyone put a tonneau cover on their Tremor yet?
If so what kind and how do you like it?

I was looking for something I could still put my motorcycle in the bed.

Thanks

Thanks
I got a diamondback hd. It’s awesome. I love it. But no way of putting a bike in the back. You could put an atv or side by side on top but that’s about it.

I'm trying to decide between getting a Diamondback SE or SnugTop Rebel canopy. I've had canopies for years. Been 20+ years since I had a tonneau cover.

https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-mx4/2020/ford/f-350-super-duty

Bak makes really good tonneau covers.
I think most of the Ford ones are made by Bak as well.
We use them for work, and most of the guys in the company use Bak ones.
I installed the one above on my Tremor and had the same model on my 2015 F350. They work great in all conditions...including extreme cold.
But I don't think you could get a bike in if you wanted the front wheel against the front of the box.
They make a roll up model as well I think that may work.

I have the factory one. When I need a full bed I will remove it and keep it in the garage.

But if I have to remove it on the fly it may become annoying

I have the BakFlip MX4 and really like it. I chose it over a rolling cover to not lose any space for the box the rollers need up front and allow in the installation of an in-bed toolbox under the cover. As I look at racks for a possible rooftop tent setup in the future, I think the MX4 might have to go for a roller, or I will weld up my own rack. The flipping panels make it hard when most racks have poles that slope inward and the MX4 panels would hit the upright rack poles.

Ed

Hey guys I got the Peragon flip back and am very happy with it great security and can be removed and put in the back seat in less then a minute check it out use referral code STE5019 at checkout and get $50.00 off

Attachments

• 79F7C48E-459A-453E-9454-75F294CB5529.jpeg
    79F7C48E-459A-453E-9454-75F294CB5529.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 193
  • D85A1A15-EE5A-4C75-A2C8-E6E0433B4466.jpeg
    D85A1A15-EE5A-4C75-A2C8-E6E0433B4466.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 200
  • B9D2B238-3A44-4A38-BC03-DB3A2325A508.jpeg
    B9D2B238-3A44-4A38-BC03-DB3A2325A508.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 205

Thanks
It depends on what kind of motorcycle you have. If it is a dirt bike I see no reason why you couldn’t mount a removable wheel chock on top of the front panel of a Diamondback HD and secure your bike on top of the cover.

I have a black Diamondback HD on my Tremor and it is a very solid product. Also they are a Made in America company that has great customer service, just give them a call and see what they think.

https://bakindustries.com/bakflip-mx4/2020/ford/f-350-super-duty

But I don't think you could get a bike in if you wanted the front wheel against the front of the box.
They make a roll up model as well I think that may work.

I had the Bak flip HD(older model) in a 2013 Tundra and the front wheel of my sport bike just barely fit against the front of the bed under the lip of the cover when it was folded up to the front. The tire just touched the lip.
When I put a dirt bike in I just layed a 4x4" block of wood down and used a Baxley Sport Chock between the 21" wheel and the wood so the tire would clear the lip.
I image the Tremor and the Tundra bed heights are different but there are ways to make it work.

The diamondback is easy to mount whatever you want on top, you can put some tracks or something to hold your bike in place. The main problem is the length and height of the ramp. For me the weight (1k) and center of gravity I decided not go with this. But mounting things to the top is easy and with something underneath like angle iron it is really strong. The hook I mounted pulled this 1k quad all the way up with no issues.

Attachments

• 20210502_151440.jpg
    20210502_151440.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 38
I had the Retrax on mine and just switched it out for a Bak Revolver X4s this weekend. No problem with the Retrax other than my plans went a different direction and it wouldn’t work for my build. Both are really nice, well made and look great on the truck. The Retrax does have the canister in the bed so it will cut down on length by about a foot, which could limit your ability to fit your bike. The Revolver rolls up nicely out of the way, or can be removed completely by undoing the 4 star knobs.

Attachments

• 41679B1A-6854-458F-9FA8-75F547154537.jpeg
    41679B1A-6854-458F-9FA8-75F547154537.jpeg
    314.5 KB · Views: 54
  • D8C04F35-AB72-4765-B939-34549569A1B7.jpeg
    D8C04F35-AB72-4765-B939-34549569A1B7.jpeg
    300.7 KB · Views: 55
  • CEC2525E-8453-44F0-9CA9-C3BD69ECC21B.jpeg
    CEC2525E-8453-44F0-9CA9-C3BD69ECC21B.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 55
I had the Retrax on mine and just switched it out for a Bak Revolver X4s this weekend. No problem with the Retrax other than my plans went a different direction and it wouldn’t work for my build. Both are really nice, well made and look great on the truck. The Retrax does have the canister in the bed so it will cut down on length by about a foot, which could limit your ability to fit your bike. The Revolver rolls up nicely out of the way, or can be removed completely by undoing the 4 star knobs.
hey! on your bak revolver do you have to open it to close the tail gate?

No. I actually find it easier to close the cover, then the tailgate. It’s a pretty snug fit.

I was going to try nudging the cover forward just a little bit, but decided to give it a little time to settle in before I do anything. In the end I’d rather deal with a snug fit at close if it keeps things sealed better.
hey! on your bak revolver do you have to open it to close the tail gate?

Looks good. I just installed the Retrax, but have a little lift on the rear diver's side rail near the tailgate. Not enough to completely separate the foam weather strip from the bed, but enough to see most of the foam, which isn't the case on the passenger side near the tailgate. I'll have to try making some adjustments to get it to seal fully.

My bought a lomax from @NEO Garage And I very much like it. It sits very level although it is a bout a quarter inch above the bed, thought it would bother me but it does not at all. I really like that I can close the tailgate without lifting the cover. However, I have noticed that it is starting to rub a plastic part of the top of the tailgate and is deforming it slightly.

Latest Discussions

Back