To Sunroof or Not to Sunroof.... That is the question!

My Tremor (the one I bought or will buy.)

• Has (or will have) a sunroof

Votes: 128 46.9%
  • Does not have (or will not have) a sunroof

Votes: 145 53.1%

• Total voters
There is a not a day that goes by that I wish I DIDNT have a sunroof.

I could really use the extra couple hundred pounds of payload too as I am approaching GVWR on my 22 lariat ultimate.. Maybe I need to order a 2025 HO.

There is a not a day that goes by that I wish I DIDNT have a sunroof.

I could really use the extra couple hundred pounds of payload too as I am approaching GVWR on my 22 lariat ultimate.. Maybe I need to order a 2025 HO.
NOOOOOO you need an F350 XLT 7.3L. Mine has over 4200lbs of payload.

NOOOOOO you need an F350 XLT 7.3L. Mine has over 4200lbs of payload.
The 7.3 is VERY tempting. Especially given where we want to go in 25/26. But once you drive this diesel its a hard thing to move away from.

Im pulling a racecar up the Baja peninsula in April after the NORRA rally.. The diesel is a miracle in those scenarios.

Maybe I need one of both!

I ordered one. I have had sunroofs/moonroofs whatever you want to call them in most of my vehicles since the early 90s. I live in Calgary so it is nice to open the roof and get some fresh in the spring. It is also nice to get some light inside the cab during those long cold dark winters we have. I have never had an issue with one except my escalade leaks a tiny bit when going through a high pressure touchless car wash. It is important to lubricate and clean the track once a year. I also have separate glass coverage on my vehicles because during the winter they use gravel on the roads to provide traction. I do know some people who have had their glass roof smashed by a rock hitting it. It is rare but does happen.

I ordered one. I have had sunroofs/moonroofs whatever you want to call them in most of my vehicles since the early 90s. I live in Calgary so it is nice to open the roof and get some fresh in the spring. It is also nice to get some light inside the cab during those long cold dark winters we have. I have never had an issue with one except my escalade leaks a tiny bit when going through a high pressure touchless car wash. It is important to lubricate and clean the track once a year. I also have separate glass coverage on my vehicles because during the winter they use gravel on the roads to provide traction. I do know some people who have had their glass roof smashed by a rock hitting it. It is rare but does happen.
What do you like to use for lubrication? A fellow member on here suggested something before but it was $75.00 a small squeeze tube the size of a chapstick thing..

Thanks!

I finally ordwred a truck without one. The last two had issues, and I rarely used it.
Pretty much the same reason for me, I never used it when I did have one in previous vehicles. Saved a few bucks, more headroom, too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter, and no leaks or problems.

What do you like to use for lubrication? A fellow member on here suggested something before but it was $75.00 a small squeeze tube the size of a chapstick thing..

Thanks!
Some people like KY, Lubriderm, etc. I don't use any 🤪

Thanks!
Krytox is what Ford reccomends. It's expensive. The 1/2oz tube lasted me two trucks though. Clean with alcohol and then reapply a light amount

You can also use Danco plumber waterproof grease used for seals. I used this on our old Explorer that developed the creaks.

Krytox is what Ford reccomends. It's expensive. The 1/2oz tube lasted me two trucks though. Clean with alcohol and then reapply a light amount
Thanks for sharing. Yes that is what the other guy suggested. $25 a tube is reasonable... Not sure what the hell was going on when I looked several months ago.

Ordered!

I specifically didn't order one. It gets hot here in TX and all our other cars have them but we rarely open the shade let alone the glass. My Mercedes has a panoramic one that I had to have tinted with heat rejecting tint to prevent getting cooked because it only has a mesh shade.

I ordered it.
Lubrication can’t hurt! 😔
Cheers 🍻
You can tell a difference immediately after using it. I don't know why Ford wouldn't include a tube and include it in the maintenance schedule. It would probably save millions in warranty repairs

You can tell a difference immediately after using it. I don't know why Ford wouldn't include a tube and include it in the maintenance schedule. It would probably save millions in warranty repairs
They didn’t need it when you signed on the line to buy the truck!!

At @Optimus , I tried to tee you off.
Cheers 🍻

Back