To Sunroof or Not to Sunroof.... That is the question!

My Tremor (the one I bought or will buy.)

• Has (or will have) a sunroof

Votes: 128 46.9%
  • Does not have (or will not have) a sunroof

Votes: 145 53.1%

• Total voters
We do a lot of family trips around and through canyons. My wife's Expedition has a sunroof and the kids love looking out the top. I don't care for them (bald head doesn't like direct sunlight or cold air), but we ordered one because of the kids.
Even more importantly, my wife really likes the additional light offered by the sunroof. She can get seasonal depression and the extra light helps her.

Well... I've had troubles with everyone one of my SD sunroof's and my wife's 17 F150 Platinum broke a track within 10k so when she ordered her Raptor she left the Pano off. My 2021 Tremor sunroof is starting to get pissy with the roof as well.
Maybe just really bad luck?

Can't stand them:
  • Less headroom.
  • Makes the vehicle hotter.
  • I know I would find a way to break it, RIP the wallet.
  • In an off-roading situation, if you roll the truck, much less solid. Heck even just off-roading too aggressively, it might shatter. Yes, I'm the guy who believes that.
  • Ugly, except for in the picture below.
  • Useless, I would never use it and I have no use for one.
  • Like @Jrod250 said, more holes in the roof, and it will leak at some point. That being said, I would still go with the cab clearance lights, I love 'em.
  • I ain't got tons of money to blow on one of these.
  • Crew cabs already have enough glass to break, why can't Ford make a regular/extended cab Tremor, and allow the long bed.
Sadly, Ford will probably make these standard at some point. That will be a sad day...The only positive I can think of with a sunroof is this American Flag decal that @BBQ BOY has, it's freaking sweet! I don't seem to be the only one who thinks that either :)
1631496772229.png

I was undecided when I ordered my truck. I went ahead and ordered it and I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I leave the shade open pretty much all the time. I love the extra light. Opening the glass also helps let heat out if I’m waiting in the truck with it turned off (in the windows, out the top).

I like sunroofs in general. It gives the feeling of more space, if you have ever felt claustrophobic. Having said that, in a hot climate I would not recommend it! Also, where it rains a lot not recommended. Otherwise go for it!🍻

The less holes in the roof, the better. I didn’t get clearance lights either. I hate water leaks
Ditto, not worth the potential trouble for basically novelty purposes for me.

Any vehicle we’ve had in the past that had a sunroof just happened to come with it (not ordered), very rarely ever had the cover slid back, much less actually open.

Wife had a 93 Camaro with t-tops, rarely had those off either.

But, as others have mentioned, a lot of that is due to where we live - hot/dry/dusty. Heck, I don’t roll the windows down unless absolutely necessary either - hard enough to keep the inside somewhat dust free, then when someone does hit a window switch you cringe at the sound of dust/sand scratching its way up/down.

If I lived in a different environment, I’m sure I’d view it differently.

As for the ability to put a graphic on top, that’s not limited to vehicles with a sunroof - in fact the graphic can be larger without the sunroof (you obviously couldn’t see it from the inside though).

I LOVE MY SUN ROOF
In the summer if the sun is too much we just close it.
if it’s closed and the sun s still too much we close the viser
In the winter, with 15 degree weather we keep it open, breathing in fresh air. We would have the heated seats on and the dual climate heat control n what would be comfortable. Unless I’m doing 70+ mph we would not feel it.
I have a sunroof on all my vehicles. It’s fucking awesome at night. To each his own.
One of the absolute favorite options I chose for my Platinum Trim. But I know each of us are all a bit different. So what works for me may not work for you.
👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻🙏🙏🙏😉

This is my first truck with sun roof. Personally I love it. When sight seeing it makes for a much better view. Love the extra open air during nice weather. No issues with mine at all.

At the moment, I am leaning toward getting a sunroof.... But, if there are good reasons not to get one, I won't. Enlighten me, please!!!

-B
My dual panel in my 15 f150 used to rattle like crazy, I never used to open it much, one day I did it got stuck open. Dealer had to replace the track, went to car wash and it leaked, back to dealer again to fix the seals.

Current truck has one. Last truck did not. I don't really like them, nor use them so it's a waste of money for me. If the current truck did not have it I would be ok with that.

Some of the other vehicles I have owned have had them as well, and unfortunately once you got to a certain package level the sunroof was included in the package.......which I was not happy about.

I've never had a problem with the ones I've owned, but that could be because I didn't operate them very often.

Can't stand them:
  • Less headroom.
  • Makes the vehicle hotter.
  • I know I would find a way to break it, RIP the wallet.
  • In an off-roading situation, if you roll the truck, much less solid. Heck even just off-roading too aggressively, it might shatter. Yes, I'm the guy who believes that.
  • Ugly, except for in the picture below.
  • Useless, I would never use it and I have no use for one.
  • Like @Jrod250 said, more holes in the roof, and it will leak at some point. That being said, I would still go with the cab clearance lights, I love 'em.
  • I ain't got tons of money to blow on one of these.
  • Crew cabs already have enough glass to break, why can't Ford make a regular/extended cab Tremor, and allow the long bed.
Sadly, Ford will probably make these standard at some point. That will be a sad day...The only positive I can think of with a sunroof is this American Flag decal that @BBQ BOY has, it's freaking sweet! I don't seem to be the only one who thinks that either :)
View attachment 33713
👆🏼What he said. Only thing I would add is it makes for a louder ride especially when raining.

Back