To Install anti-sway or air-bags first? That is the question.

Creekwood Resort

Tremoraholic
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2022 F-250 Tremor, 7.3
GM, I have a Helwig anti-sway bar and Airlift bags and pump to install. Which one would you install first?
Thanks

They're both pretty much mandatory for carrying a camper.
My recipe combination .. Line X, Horse Stall Mat, Torklift Tie Downs, FastGuns, Helwig Big-Wig Rear Sway Bar, Individual Fill Air Bags, Hitch Extension.
Optional are Rancho 9000 Adjustable Shocks, Torklift Lower Stable-Loads and 4080lb rated Tires.

I agree with you on all being necessary - I thought the question was regarding installation order..... duh. LOL

I did the same thing bags first then sway bar. Very happy with them. ( sway bar was a bit harder to install.)

Why not both? You're going to be working in basically the same areas.

I'll be the outlier here, swaybar then bags. I'd rather have some squatting than roll.
Agree! Sway bar first, airbags help with squat but it doesn’t eliminate sway.

There is a YouTube video explain what air bags does to distribute the weight and it actually didn’t help with sway as much as you think.

Better yet, get the Hensley to eliminate the sway completely. Worth every penny IMHO

Thanks guys, I wanted for someone else to do it. But can't find any of the local service stations, tire, suspension to install, either three weeks wait or no mechanics. So bags first then sway, I think I will take photos.

I personally would do them concurrently. There will likely be something in the way of the other requiring partial removal of one or the other.

I would get under the truck, eyeball the installation on each and install all the parts at the same time.

Remove spare tire first then you can sit under the truck rather than laying on your side. Jack up from the center of the rear diff and get the tires as high as you can safely get them. Jack stands under the axle tubes. Remove the rear tires and go to town.

I cannot thank enough for all the comments. I would buy a keg to have you all helping (y):cool:

Back