Tire Pressure

Coachrob2211

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Tremor 7.3
I am going to lower the tire pressure in the rear from 80 psi. Does anyone know how low I can go without needing to adjust the TPMS setting in forscan.

I am going to lower the tire pressure in the rear from 80 psi. Does anyone know how low I can go without needing to adjust the TPMS setting in forscan.
If psi drops below 65 psi you'll get the light. If driving raises the temp enough to get over 65 psi then you'll have to drive it that way for 20 minutes or so to get rid of the light. If cold psi drops again the light will come back.

Last edited:
I read that the TPMS warning light goes off for +\- 10 psi so 50 front and 70 rear is as low as you can go without the warning light. Make sure to set the pressure when it’s cold outside and you haven’t driven recently if you are going to try to hit the low limit.

You can use forscan or a tuner that plugs into the obd2 port .... Some of them not all of them.... But they can change your tpms setting on the fly where forscan is not on the fly but that's up to you how you want to do it I just set mine to 50 front and rear and if I off road I know to pull up the tons screen on the dash .... And you will never get a light for being at 80 psi if they are set to 50 psi

Below 65psi also for me. I raised my rear tire pressure to 70 psi with no noticeable change in ride quality to not be so close to the threshold.

If psi drops below 65 psi you'll get the light. If driving raises the temp enough to get over 65 psi then you'll have to drive it that way for 20 minutes or so to get rid of the light. If cold psi drops again the light will come back.
Been driving the truck with TPMS on for a while. It doesn't seem to clear despite going to 66 psi, not that I really care. Been keeping fronts at 62 and rears at 65 ish, cold.

Been driving the truck with TPMS on for a while. It doesn't seem to clear despite going to 66 psi, not that I really care. Been keeping fronts at 62 and rears at 65 ish, cold.
I had my rears at 66 psi cold until the fall temps started dropping. Over night the rears drop to ~63 psi and the light would come on a short while after driving. Twice after driving and the psi got over 65 psi the light turned off, however, thinking about it I believe both were highway trips so it may have been more than 20 minutes of sustained driving.

I'm in the same boat now though as I haven't put air in it and drive around with the light on. /shrug

interestingly, my rears are at 62 and I don't have the light appear. Fronts are at 56. And that's without any forscan tweaks.

interestingly, my rears are at 62 and I don't have the light appear. Fronts are at 56. And that's without any forscan tweaks.
250 or 350? I seem to remember reading that the recommended pressure on the door tag and thus the TPMS is lower on 250s.

I aired my 350 down to 65 in the rear and it didn't complain for a few weeks. Our first cold spell came around and now that TPMS alert won't go away with the rears at 65 cold.

I have a '20 F350 and it's set at manuf tire pressure specs. The ride is, at best, choppy. If I air down to the recommendations in the various threads here AND set Forscan down I will be good for most of the time.

Question though - if I air up when towing I assume I'd need to change TPMS via Forscan to avoid the warning? Is there a way to set a bigger range or 2 different settings (for dd vs towing)?

I have a '20 F350 and it's set at manuf tire pressure specs. The ride is, at best, choppy. If I air down to the recommendations in the various threads here AND set Forscan down I will be good for most of the time.

Question though - if I air up when towing I assume I'd need to change TPMS via Forscan to avoid the warning? Is there a way to set a bigger range or 2 different settings (for dd vs towing)?

I am pretty sure it is a low pressure warning, so exceeding the value by 20-30 psi does nothing.

I am pretty sure it is a low pressure warning, so exceeding the value by 20-30 psi does nothing.
Ah, interesting. I assumed it's a range. That makes sense. I have another car that will give warning if too high.

I had mine at 68 without the TPS light.....but when I dropped to 60 its been lit ever since

Can you take a picture of your door sticker that shows the tire pressures etc? Wondering if it's true the PSI I lower on rears and could have a lower TPMS threshold.

Can you take a picture of your door sticker that shows the tire pressures etc? Wondering if it's true the PSI I lower on rears and could have a lower TPMS threshold.

Yes, I would like to see it as well. Not sure why they would have different tire psi settings for two identical trucks. :unsure:

Yes, I would like to see it as well. Not sure why they would have different tire psi settings for two identical trucks. :unsure:
They may be mechanically the same, but the ratings are not. Makes no sense I agree, but that's just the way it is. Curious if this is another one of those differences. I'm not sure I just had read that somewhere recently so this is a good time to get it figured out.

They may be mechanically the same, but the ratings are not. Makes no sense I agree, but that's just the way it is. Curious if this is another one of those differences. I'm not sure I just had read that somewhere recently so this is a good time to get it figured out.

Ahh yes, Ford Marketing at its best! :cool:

Back