Tire Pressure Light Reset?

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
I lowered my tire pressure on the rear wheels to 65 but one tire ended up at 63 and one at 67. It was all controlled by a computer not sure why it was so different.

My light gauge went on when my rear wheel went 62 in the morning temps. Now each rear wheel is at 67 but my light still on.

How can I reset the light?

Drive 20mph for 3 minutes

Turn off the truck
Turn the key into the on position, do not start
Then turn the hazards on and off 3 times in 10 seconds
The horn will sound and light will flash if done correctly and you have entered reset mode
In the following sequence LF RF RR LR let air out of tire until horn sounds once per tire
If horn sounds twice procedure failed
Get back in rig and read message screen
Turn ignition off to complete
Do a little dance on the sidewalk
Resume normal operations

Turn off the truck
The horn will sound and light will flash if done correctly and you have entered reset mode
In the following sequence LF RF RR LR let air out of tire until horn sounds once per tire
Resume normal operations

Is that the Metroid Prime or Contra cheat codes?

I lowered my tire pressure on the rear wheels to 65 but one tire ended up at 63 and one at 67. It was all controlled by a computer not sure why it was so different.

My light gauge went on when my rear wheel went 62 in the morning temps. Now each rear wheel is at 67 but my light still on.

How can I reset the light?
Gotta go back to 80 psi it will go out then set tires cold threshold is 65 in rear I believe if they go lower than that it will kick light

You can also lower the threshold with Forscan
I run 55 and 60 seems great ( I bump up if towing heavy things)

Gotta go back to 80 psi it will go out then set tires cold threshold is 65 in rear I believe if they go lower than that it will kick light
Can confirm...it kicks at 65

Turn off the truck
Resume normal operations

Do you know the procedure for push button start? Obviously can't turn key to on position.

I agree with Papa........On my trip across the west, Nor Cal, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming to Montana and back, I found this tire pressure, 55 F 60 R set cold was the ideal number. The problem with these tires in Nor Cal is the daytime temp in Sac Valley almost always get up into the 90's with a lot of 95-100 degree days so if you have the tires set at 60 cold then by afternoon they are high 60's and it rides like shit...just saying from experience...now I just need to find someone locally with a Forscan to reset my TPMS and Ill be good to go....

I agree with Papa........On my trip across the west, Nor Cal, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming to Montana and back, I found this tire pressure, 55 F 60 R set cold was the ideal number. The problem with these tires in Nor Cal is the daytime temp in Sac Valley almost always get up into the 90's with a lot of 95-100 degree days so if you have the tires set at 60 cold then by afternoon they are high 60's and it rides like shit...just saying from experience...now I just need to find someone locally with a Forscan to reset my TPMS and Ill be good to go....
interesting, its heavier in the front without load due to solid front axle and aluminum bed so figured you would need 60 front 55 rear

interesting, its heavier in the front without load due to solid front axle and aluminum bed so figured you would need 60 front 55 rear
just what I did...... I agree big heavy engine up front maybe I will try and set my Forscan to have 50-55 on all four corners. I do bump them up when hauling 5th wheel and skid loaders.

Mine kicked in for tire only at 62. The other was at 63.
Now trying to reset:
57F6E84F-DF68-4552-A609-56A741E74B43.jpeg

Yea I understand that thinking but I guess I use my Mountain Bike tire setup as an example, same scenario, I like my front lower to widen the tires get better grip take the bumps better, etc....the 55 F and 60 R just was a better feeling ride, truck was smooth on the freeways and took the smaller off road hits and bumps better than at 60.

Back