Tint recommendations

Does anyone have experience with transitional window tint? It is just like those fancy glasses that darken outside

It seems really cool, but I don't know how good it actually is so I have no idea if it actually works. Seems like it could be incredibly useful if it does work. But I'm guessing it is a good bit more expensive than regular window tint

I would like to hear what all of you think of it, and if you have experience with it I would like to know if it actually works!

Here is a video that kind of demonstrates it:

I noticed from this thread that a lot of people are going beyond the legal tint limits by state https://windowtintlaws.us/ . Has anyone had any issues with that??

I'd like to go for a tint beyond the limit set by my vehicle registration state (which I'm rarely in) but am wondering how often cops will actually ticket this sort of thing?
Having lived in many places in many states, I think the degree to which you need to worry about this depends on where you live.

e.g. Anywhere in New York, I wouldn't exceed the limits. It's a police state. In Northern California, I wouldn't be worried about it, personally. Police are far and few between and more interested in other things.

I think it also depends on your truck color, FWIW. If you have an all black truck and are tinting it super dark, you're going to attract more attention from the police in many areas. For obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t go beyond 50% in Ca regardless of where you live. If they can see in, you are ok. Blacked out, you will get ticketed

I wouldn’t go beyond 50% in Ca regardless of where you live. If they can see in, you are ok. Blacked out, you will get ticketed
Yeah, I guess it depends where exactly you are. I don't spend much time on the highways or anywhere that the locals would pay any mind.

I noticed from this thread that a lot of people are going beyond the legal tint limits by state https://windowtintlaws.us/ . Has anyone had any issues with that??

I'd like to go for a tint beyond the limit set by my vehicle registration state (which I'm rarely in) but am wondering how often cops will actually ticket this sort of thing?
I have a prescription, I'm legal ?

It was explained to me this way (in So Cal): the local police don’t care and rarely ticket unless you are pulled over for something else, then they will add it on. The Highway Patrol is a different story however. They will cite you for it if they see it.

Some have said that you shouldn’t give the police a reason for them to pull you over. My thought is that if they want to stop you, they are going to find a reason regardless.

It was explained to me this way (in So Cal): the local police don’t care and rarely ticket unless you are pulled over for something else, then they will add it on. The Highway Patrol is a different story however. They will cite you for it if they see it.

Some have said that you shouldn’t give the police a reason for them to pull you over. My thought is that if they want to stop you, they are going to find a reason regardless.

One benefit of NorCal to SoCal is the CHP here are sparse and chill. Almost a fair exchange for our dark waters full of great whites. ?

Latest Discussions

Back