Tint recommendations

oops

Tremor Aficionado
Reaction Points
What’s the recommended window tint package for this thing? Products/percentages? Feel like I’m sitting in a greenhouse. ?

Just had mine done last week here in the Volunteer state. I went with ceramic tint 15% on the front windows to match the rear windows from the factory. I also did a sun strip across the windshield.

50% windshield, 20% sides front, 35% everything else

902D7F04-0636-458D-920C-66375DD8B59A.jpeg

I'm actually going to drop mine off today to get both windows and the entire windshield done. I don't know the exact percentage the factory rear windows are but I'm going to tell them to match those and go one shade lighter on the windshield. I did this to the wife's expedition and it turned out great. People always ask if it's hard to see out of at night and the answer is not at all. It actually improves reducing oncoming traffic light glare.

just had mine done 32% sides and a big 5% strip on the top third of the windshield

That is a depends on where you are question

My kids in Florida get very deep tint ( 5%??) and include the windshield. I have a tough time seeing out of it at night.

I had mine done in 20% with the ceramic UV product. Its very nice. Hard to see in but you can drive at night and not going to get pulled over here in Wisconsin.

It’s really important to tint the rear glass, if you want any UV protection you’ll need them tinted. The rears from the factory is privacy glass and does nothing for heat from UV rays.

For recommendations I currently run 5% on rear glass and rear side windows, 20% on front driver/passenger windows and 70% on the windshield.

If I was going to do it again I would’ve went 20% in the back, the 5% is really dark at night. When backing my trailer up at our cabin at night I’m always bitching and needing to roll down the windows.

Thanks guys. Have never had a car tinted before believe it or not.

I’m in California. Northern Bay Area. Where the sun was shining probably 360 out of 365 days last year  –  for better or worse. ??

Was hoping this was more clear cut.

It’s really important to tint the rear glass, if you want any UV protection you’ll need them tinted. The rears from the factory is privacy glass and does nothing for heat from UV rays.

For recommendations I currently run 5% on rear glass and rear side windows, 20% on front driver/passenger windows and 70% on the windshield.

If I was going to do it again I would’ve went 20% in the back, the 5% is really dark at night. When backing my trailer up at our cabin at night I’m always bitching and needing to roll down the windows.
This is super useful. I would have never thought about tinting the rears. To be clear you tint the rear of the cabin and the rear passengers?

Not true.. I work in the automotive industry and actually supply parts for the sunroof on our trucks. All glass even if it's not privacy or tinted glass does filter out UV rays. Not only that, your dash and all seals and trim pieces exposed to UV has UV stabilizers in them that will not allow them to fade for the time you own this thing.

Not true.. I work in the automotive industry and actually supply parts for the sunroof on our trucks. All glass even if it's not privacy or tinted glass does filter out UV rays. Not only that, your dash and all seals and trim pieces exposed to UV has UV stabilizers in them that will not allow them to fade for the time you own this thing.
Well now the argument of UVA vs. UVB on tinted vs. privacy glass and all the things died glass can’t protect that a film can... I don’t want to muddy this thread. I did my research and made the determination that I’d prefer tint on the rear privacy glass.

I wanted front and rear to match. As stated here, the rear windows are basically “dyed” for little to no protection from heat. I went ceramic tint at 15% on the front and 50% on the rear doors and back window. Came out very nicely and matches well.

I noticed from this thread that a lot of people are going beyond the legal tint limits by state https://windowtintlaws.us/ . Has anyone had any issues with that??

I'd like to go for a tint beyond the limit set by my vehicle registration state (which I'm rarely in) but am wondering how often cops will actually ticket this sort of thing?

I noticed from this thread that a lot of people are going beyond the legal tint limits by state https://windowtintlaws.us/ . Has anyone had any issues with that??

I'd like to go for a tint beyond the limit set by my vehicle registration state (which I'm rarely in) but am wondering how often cops will actually ticket this sort of thing?
Knock on wood, I have not. If you are not doing it yourself, you will need to find a shop willing to do it. I look at it as any other mod to my Jeeps, motorcycles and other vehicles in the past. Just don't be doing stupid shit to get pulled over and, if you do, be respectful or they will look for every little thing to write you up for.

5% brow on the front windshield, 30% on front side windows and moon roofs, 20% on top of the died rear side and back windows.

Last edited:
Back