Time for new sneakers

Daimyo68

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor, 7.3
Current Ride #2
2023 RT/Daytona Charger
Time for new sneakers and I'm a bit torn between the Nitto Ridge Grappler vs Toyo Open Country RT.

I currently have 35x12.50R20 Coopers (E load), but they only got about 30k on them (I know, I didn't expect too much more from them). They have worn evenly most likely due to religious rotations and pressure checks

Anyways, the above mentioned tires are high on the recommendations list, and the Toyo edges ahead because it carries a mileage warranty

Also, the Nitto is an F load 12 ply, vs the Toyo being an E load with F load available (prefer not to ride in a tank though)

95% of my driving is on paved roads, and I tow the boat occasionally (when I make a keys run or go to the gulf (roughly 4 hours either way).

Would love some input

Last edited:
Time for new sneakers and I'm a bit torn between the Nitto Ridge Grappler vs Toyo Open Country RT.

I currently have 35x12.50R20 Coopers (E load), but they only got about 30k on them (I know, I didn't expect too much more from them). They have worn evenly most likely due to religious rotations and pressure checks

Anyways, the above mentioned tires are high on the recommendations list, and the Toyo edges ahead because it carries a mileage warranty

Also, the Nitto is an F load 12 ply, vs the Toyo being an E load with F load available (prefer not to ride in a tank though)

95% of my driving is on paved roads, and I tow the boat occasionally (when I make a keys run or go to the gulf (roughly 4 hours either way).

Would love some input
If 95% as you say is paved roads, why get NRGs?

They are stiff as hell even at 40PSI. You will feel every road imperfection. They will likely not stay balanced causing vibrarions at the steering wheel and will hum over 60mph. Get an AT tire instead, at least you’ll enjoy your paved ride.

Back