Those Without Push Button Start(Both XLT and Lariat)

richtor

Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Race Red F250 Tremor
Ive ordered my XLT Tremor but do not have a VIN as of yet.

I was informed that XLT and all Tremors could be turned on through the Ford app on your phone.
Even with that I went ahead and ordered push button start.

My Question: With your truck, can you turn on your Tremor and drive it all while your key is in your pocket? Can this be done with both the XLT and Lariat versions without pbs?

Remote start works for starting and warming up your truck in the winter, or cooling interior off in summer, but does not allow you to put into gear and drive without the ignition key—unless you have push button start.

Remote start works for starting and warming up your truck in the winter, or cooling interior off in summer, but does not allow you to put into gear and drive without the ignition key—unless you have push button start.
I suppose that is the best way to put it, the intentions of remote start.

Does anyone know the reason why Ford is keeping push button start off there $60-$70k trucks when it comes standard on $20k compacts?

Does anyone know the reason why Ford is keeping push button start off there $60-$70k trucks when it comes standard on $20k compacts?

More money from increased options purchases required.

More money from increased options purchases required.
And they wonder why they are losing market share and $2-6 billion each quarter.

It’s easy cheap technology that everyone and their grandma has except for Fords $60k plus trucks!

I would love to have cloth interior push button start option....

Maybe it has something to do with fleet sales? Keys are cheaper than fobs? Just spitballing. But yeah a truck that expensive should have something a Kia comes with standard.

I believe that when you use the app to start your truck, it is on a timer. After so long without the key in the ignition or presence of the fob and pushing the start button the truck will shut off.

I was informed that XLT and all Tremors could be turned on through the Ford app on your phone.
Even with that I went ahead and ordered push button start.

My Question: With your truck, can you turn on your Tremor and drive it all while your key is in your pocket? Can this be done with both the XLT and Lariat versions without pbs?

I am confused, did you order a push button start? Or an XLT?

No the remote start will not allow you to put in gear. Only enter the running vehicle in order to drive you must use the key or push the button ( if the keyless remote is inside the truck).

I jumped in my running truck several times and went to shift it and thought what's up??? then remember to hit the button. getting old sucks.

You can’t get an XLT with PBS I didn’t think- maybe you are referring to remote start? Lowest trim PBS is available on is the Lariat w/ Lariat Ultimate package

You can’t get an XLT with PBS I didn’t think- maybe you are referring to remote start? Lowest trim PBS is available on is the Lariat w/ Lariat Ultimate package
I was under the impression that remote start either by key fob or phone would allow me to drive the vehicle without the key in the ignition. After all the motor is already running.

I am confused, did you order a push button start? Or an XLT?
I ordered the remote start from the key fob on my xlt. I was under the impression remote start and push button start did the same thing.

I ordered the remote start from the key fob on my xlt. I was under the impression remote start and push button start did the same thing.

Negative.

The lowest trim that you can get the PBS is lariat ultimate. It is not even included with the lariat "value" package which again I agree and think the general consensus here is BS. It should be automatically included on XLT and up, but at a minimum on the standard lariat trim? Go figure

Negative.

The lowest trim that you can get the PBS is lariat ultimate. It is not even included with the lariat "value" package which again I agree and think the general consensus here is BS. It should be automatically included on XLT and up, but at a minimum on the standard lariat trim? Go figure
I was thinking remote start and push button did the same thing. They both start the motor. I was wrong. Haha

My Truck update. They’ve already scheduled it, I can’t change a thing. I should have vin early next week. Haha.

Aftermarket push....?

Something I figured out for those with Remote Start Capability, you can have your driver's door open and remotely start the truck. I did it today, was surprised it worked; did this on a whim when I realized I had to go back into the house for something but was already walking away from my truck with the door open.

Back