Those Without Push Button Start(Both XLT and Lariat)

OP
richtor

richtor

Current Ride
TRD OR Tacoma
Something I figured out for those with Remote Start Capability, you can have your driver's door open and remotely start the truck. I did it today, was surprised it worked; did this on a whim when I realized I had to go back into the house for something but was already walking away from my truck with the door open.
From what I’ve been told remote start can work outside the truck or with the door open.
I assumed once the motor is running I could just put it in drive and go. Evidently this is not so.

JC_Tremor

"Tlacuache"
Current Ride
Focus ST
From what I’ve been told remote start can work outside the truck or with the door open.
I assumed once the motor is running I could just put it in drive and go. Evidently this is not so.
I had so much trouble figuring out how to make the truck start remotely as I was never specifically told. You have to hit doors LOCK then press the remote start button twice to start. Indeed it works with doors open. Like we said before, you are unable to drive the vehicle until you insert the key and turn it to the ON position (For those without push button start).

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
The lack of range for the remote start is disappointing.
The guys with the 6.7 will see a small delay in the start process.

But then again if you need more range to start there is always the Ford App on my Phone.

Latest Discussions