2020 F350 Star White Platinum Tremor
Current Ride #2
2007 BMW 335i coupe e92 6MT
This station sucks lol
D496302D-9DFA-4BD4-8A81-89CF2F04F59F.jpeg
396DE16A-1218-403B-AAA3-23780B44CD55.jpeg
EC8A370D-5986-4649-9ACC-0FA52D85A0B6.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks so long in that spot! Can you get a "jump" start out of one of those????
Probably not without getting free stay local jail house lol

I'm waiting for the day a Tesla parks in front of a diesel pump out of spite.
This already happens. See electrics parked at the pump because they want to run into the store or clean their windshield. And we all know that it's a Prius blocking the sole diesel pump at the station.

I'm waiting for the day a Tesla parks in front of a diesel pump out of spite.
Yeah they did this already like stated above. They blocked some poor business owners gas station for a while making them lose thousands of dollars. I don’t understand it. It’s not the same as blocking a Tesla charger. When a tesla charger is blocked a small business owner doesn’t lose a shit load of money.

I don't get these people. Whenever I need to make as top at the gas station without filling up, I always park in a parking spot. The only time I park in front of the pump is if the station is clearly not busy and I want my windshield cleaned.

I'm glad I don't live in an area with limited diesel pumps at filling stations. I didn't realize how aggravating that was until I drove out of state for the first time in the truck. It's already bad enough that not all stations have diesel. Then when I do find one, there's only one frikkin pump. To make matters more interesting, the only gas stations with DEF are truck stop.

God bless Texas.

Yeah they did this already like stated above. They blocked some poor business owners gas station for a while making them lose thousands of dollars. I don’t understand it. It’s not the same as blocking a Tesla charger. When a tesla charger is blocked a small business owner doesn’t lose a shit load of money.
Hmmm...
I care about the environment. I like clean air and water just as much as any, maybe more than most.

Mining lithium, producing lithium batteries, disposing of batteries, these are not environmentally friendly ventures. There's currently no recognized viable solution for the disposal of lithium batteries. HazMat. People hang their hat on the idea that they're better than others because they drive electric cars that they think are environmentally friendly. They're really just displaying how easily they're fooled.
I'm actually real keen on the idea of renewable resources, but it should be more than just a marketing pitch.

Hmmm...
I care about the environment. I like clean air and water just as much as any, maybe more than most.

Mining lithium, producing lithium batteries, disposing of batteries, these are not environmentally friendly ventures. There's currently no recognized viable solution for the disposal of lithium batteries. HazMat. People hang their hat on the idea that they're better than others because they drive electric cars that they think are environmentally friendly. They're really just displaying how easily they're fooled.
I'm actually real keen on the idea of renewable resources, but it should be more than just a marketing pitch.
It's just a symbol for some people. It's a way to signal what team they are on. Mean while the are oblivious to whats really going on. Trust me I am surrounded by them.

Hmmm...

Agreed that some people use an electric vehicle as a symbol and to prop themselves up.

However, to be clear, no sane person is arguing that electric vehicles are perfect. Just that, on the whole, they’re better for the environment than fossil fuel over the lifetime of a vehicle. In that regard everything I’m aware of points to them being better for the environment.

But there’s variables determining how much better. A great example is how the power used in an EV is generated. Mostly hydro-electric? EV gains a lot of goodness. Mostly coal? EV has significantly less goodness.

While there is absolutely an environmental cost to mining lithium, don’t forget about the environmental cost to extract oil. Mining the resources for the battery is a trade-off, not a pure additional cost relative to gas/diesel.

Some videos that go into detail on the matter:

I think I'll need to try that at Harris Ranch off I-5. Its basically the half way point between San Francisco and LA and the only mid point charging station I've seen in that area. Sometimes the charging stations there get a lot of use as I don't think a Tesla will make the whole trip at a decent speed without stopping for a charge.

Since I have a 7.3 maybe I can fake a plug where the DEF tank filler is and "plug it in". How long are the cables on those charging stations?

Agreed that some people use an electric vehicle as a symbol and to prop themselves up.

However, to be clear, no sane person is arguing that electric vehicles are perfect. Just that, on the whole, they’re better for the environment than fossil fuel over the lifetime of a vehicle. In that regard everything I’m aware of points to them being better for the environment.

But there’s variables determining how much better. A great example is how the power used in an EV is generated. Mostly hydro-electric? EV gains a lot of goodness. Mostly coal? EV has significantly less goodness.

While there is absolutely an environmental cost to mining lithium, don’t forget about the environmental cost to extract oil. Mining the resources for the battery is a trade-off, not a pure additional cost relative to gas/diesel.

Some videos that go into detail on the matter:

Thanks for the valuable info. I’m not down on electric vehicle technology. What I am down on is people who think they’re better than others because of the car the choose to drive or happen to be able to afford.

Thanks for the valuable info. I’m not down on electric vehicle technology. What I am down on is people who think they’re better than others because of the car the choose to drive or happen to be able to afford.
100% agreed on that! ?

Back