This Is A Little Disturbing To Me

Just discovered the no appt oil change about 18 mos ago with a Sequoia that i didn't feel like putting on jack stands at home. Turns out it's pretty darned nice to be like 'oh i've got a few hours free time, i'll go get the oil change done'.

Now with the Tremor i just wander to the driveway and enjoy the easiest DIY oil change ever.

Around here it is becoming the norm. Some banks, for example, now require appointments for things that used to be walkup items. Doesn't bother me, and I think it helps keeps things efficient for the most part...
My bank made me make an appointment to pickup a replacement credit card. I said how about let's make an appointment for me to take everything out of your bank.

I'll add this - there is a mobile service offered now, at 1 local dealer in N. CO. Recently found this mobile service and have an appt for the wiper arm inspect & software update for the tranny.

Why would you not make an appt? Op is probably the type that shows up and then bitches because he has to wait 2hrs for an oil change because they have a bunch of appts to service 1st...lol

The dealership I bought my 2010 expy only did appts for service that was 11 years ago...They will come pick up my wife's Audi for service but you still need an appt been that way for 5 yrs...

Appt for service pretty standard in my neck of woods...am I missing something here?

Why would you not make an appt? Op is probably the type that shows up and then bitches because he has to wait 2hrs for an oil change because they have a bunch of appts to service 1st...lol

The dealership I bought my 2010 expy only did appts for service that was 11 years ago...They will come pick up my wife's Audi for service but you still need an appt been that way for 5 yrs...

Appt for service pretty standard in my neck of woods...am I missing something here?
Not going to compare Ford service to MB, Porsche or BMW they are on a different level and yes I make appointments have for 25 years. I do not use the Dealer to change my oil lol so your assumptions made a ---- oh well you know what I mean. Tranny, radiator and fuel filters are about it. Around here most of the big 3 have the express service for the easy stuff. Largest Chevy dealer in the country is 10 minutes from me and they have one. Maybe you need to get out more.;)

AutoNation Frisco now requires 5-7 days diagnostics before they even do work. Last time I took a truck in there they had it for two weeks. They performed 1.5 hours of work on it.... They simply do not have the number of staff that they used to.

Not going to compare Ford service to MB, Porsche or BMW they are on a different level and yes I make appointments have for 25 years. I do not use the Dealer to change my oil lol so your assumptions made a ---- oh well you know what I mean. Tranny, radiator and fuel filters are about it. Around here most of the big 3 have the express service for the easy stuff. Largest Chevy dealer in the country is 10 minutes from me and they have one. Maybe you need to get out more.;)
Nope I will pass...I live out in the middle of nowhere for a reason...
"I don't hate people..I am just happier when they aren't around" Bukowski.
I like to make appts that way I can just schedule one day in town a month.

Latest Discussions

Back