(Update) FOR SALE @TheUnpluggedFamily F250 Tremor Overland Build

Truck looks great!

How are you finding the Scout Kenai camper?

Particularly handling and c/g in the truck off road. Have you had it on steeper grades off road?

What options did you get? Does the modular approach work or is it a hassle not having integrated stove/water/etc?

Truck looks great!

How are you finding the Scout Kenai camper?

Particularly handling and c/g in the truck off road. Have you had it on steeper grades off road?

What options did you get? Does the modular approach work or is it a hassle not having integrated stove/water/etc?
We love the Scout. It handles great on the F250 but would be weary of the Kenai on a smaller Tru k. We’ve had it off road a number of times. I find we’re limited by the trucks size with camper much sooner than by the grade. We got the rooftop tent, fridge, and shower options; we already had a composting toilet and range we preferred to use. The awning was not something we cared for. All options feel integrated to us but that’s compared to our previous iKamper set up.

Thanks for your take on it.

I like the idea of an awning, but I don't care for that particular one either. It's so high up on that camper/truck combo. I'm don't like the wrap around effect of it either. I would prefer to see a more traditional roll out style awning lower and off the side.

Anyway, glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Joined the 'Carli club' by adding the 2.5 Pintop suspension system. Unlike most, we did not opt for all options for a few reasons (initial cost and hauling capacity for our camper). Instead we ordered the sway bar drop brackets and kept the OEM rear leaf springs. So far, very happy with both the suspension and the new 37x12.50 R17 Toyo Open Country R/T wheel set up.

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 86
Update: Replaced 35" BFG KO2s with 37 x 12.50 - 17" Toyo Open Country RTs. View attachment 47304
We also added rear air bags to carry the camper load when needed. We are using the Daystar cradles and Firestone air bags.
How are the air bags working out for you? Do you feel like they are super worth it or just nice to have ? I just picked up my scout kenai Thursday with my father in laws truck. Squated more then I would like 2015 f250 4x4. Waiting for my tremor f250 gasser March 21 build

Have not traveled with the air bags yet. Our truck also squatted more than wanted and got high beams from all the oncoming traffic. Hoping if nothing else the air bags reduce/ improve the trucks rake with weight.

Have not traveled with the air bags yet. Our truck also squatted more than wanted and got high beams from all the oncoming traffic. Hoping if nothing else the air bags reduce/ improve the trucks rake with weight.
Interesting. I was hoping since the tremors have all the 350 leaf packs it be less and almost level with the camper on. Thanks for the insight I guess I’ll just have to wait and look for my self.

Latest Discussions

Back